P Machine Setup Help for Mickey Sharpz Copies

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
Hi guys,

i have been using some machines for a while and decided to order some mickey sharpz copies from ebay, they are chinese copies but the build on them seems good to me.

when i run the shader it will run smooth at 6 to 7 volts but the liner will not run until you crank it to 14volts with the adjustment screw wound all the way down.

can anyone see anything wrong from these pics? i know its a stab in the dark but any help is much appreciated.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Looks to me like on the third pic, the a-bar is sat on the back coil. Even when the abar is pulled down, you should still have a wafer thin gap on the core of the rear coil. Possibly try and put a really thin washer under the rear spring and see if their is a difference. If there is, then remove the washer and file gently, the top of the coil core, to desired height.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
Hi guys,

i have been using some machines for a while and decided to order some mickey sharpz copies from ebay, they are chinese copies but the build on them seems good to me.

when i run the shader it will run smooth at 6 to 7 volts but the liner will not run until you crank it to 14volts with the adjustment screw wound all the way down.

can anyone see anything wrong from these pics? i know its a stab in the dark but any help is much appreciated.

hi your a-bar needs to go back more ,so theres more a-bar over the back coil,its set up as a shader at the mo,from what i can see ,then look at shiming your coil,

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
Ok i have put a washer under the rear spring but the machine won't run at all so remove the washer and it works fine at 14v.
I have also moved the a-bar back but still the same.

Is there anyone in Essex that if I bring my machines to you, you can help me set them up correctly???

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Sounds like your coils may be duff. If you are confident enough, you can try sripping the machine, and make sure you havent got a nicked or bare wire shorting on the frame or something. Can you pull the abar and spring into the down position, and take another picture, frame side facing the camera, to see the gap.