Machine Suddenly Needs DOUBLE Voltage?

Deo_Sanni

Premium
24 Jan 2021
Uk
First Name
Sanni
Hello everyone! It’s my first post in this forum as I need a bit of help.

I got my first machine a few weeks ago - a Micky Sharps iron hybrid- and it was an absolute dream. Used it quite a bit and the machine always purred to life fully at around 6 volts.
Today it was a different story, I set everything up same as I usually do and the needle only started moving at around 10v and was fully alive at 12v but inconsistently. Any ideas what this could be? I’ve not played around with any of the tuning of it at all, it’s been sitting on my shelf so I have no idea what’s changed!

please If you have any idea what this could be let me know, I’m very confused right now and not sure where to start to try and fix this.

soulstare22

Premium
20 Jan 2019
china
First Name
Tim
https://www.instagram.com/lilcatinkportfolio/
lotta reasons, I would consult your mentor, if you have one.

I would first check for

dried up ink/ some type of obstacle or friction in the tube slowing the machine up.

Move the needle up and down and see if it's free flowing or if it feels like something is hitting it. If something is hitting it that is most likely the issue. Could be dried up ink or some other disturbance.

Also run it without anything connected to it. If it runs fine without a needle on it, then obviously the problem is with the tube/needle.

could also be that the front screw that controls the stroke length is all grinded up and needs to be tightened down.

Last edited:

Deo_Sanni

Premium
24 Jan 2021
Uk
First Name
Sanni
lotta reasons, I would consult your mentor, if you have one.

I would first check for

dried up ink/ some type of obstacle or friction in the tube slowing the machine up.

Move the needle up and down and see if it's free flowing or if it feels like something is hitting it. If something is hitting it that is most likely the issue. Could be dried up ink or some other disturbance.

Also run it without anything connected to it. If it runs fine without a needle on it, then obviously the problem is with the tube/needle.

could also be that the front screw that controls the stroke length is all grinded up and needs to be tightened down.
Thank you! This was exactly what it was, the tube wasn’t quite spotless and when I switched to a new one it was fine.
Really appreciate the help!

Remove Ads

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.