P Mag Help

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
So I tried a mag for the first time the other day to color in a tattoo I did on a friend of mine and ended up having to switch to a round shader cuz the ink would not take. Any tips on running a mag would be much appreciated. I tried running my machine at many different levels and still got nothing. I don't mind using round shaders but the tattoos are taking me forever..

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
The only thing which springs to mind is sometimes you need to tweak the machine to take mags, possibly hit a little harder with a long stroke for big groupings, what size mag did you use and what technique did you use, I tend to do backwards forwards rather than small circles.

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
The only thing which springs to mind is sometimes you need to tweak the machine to take mags, possibly hit a little harder with a long stroke for big groupings, what size mag did you use and what technique did you use, I tend to do backwards forwards rather than small circles.
i did try the fowards backwards motion but i didnt increase the throw of the spring/arm. bar much...ill definitely try that...also i dont know if it makes a difference if im trying to shade or pack color but i am trying to pack color on this one.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
i did try the fowards backwards motion but i didnt increase the throw of the spring/arm. bar much...ill definitely try that...also i dont know if it makes a difference if im trying to shade or pack color but i am trying to pack color on this one.
i there what are your coils,10 wraps and what size is you mag put your thumb under the nipple of the arm bar at the setting you are going to color and see how much the needle pushed up, and what your left with that will go into the skin ,or did you have the skin pulled right ,try a 45 deg and slow small movements also a long throw will help and 18g back and front springs