Mag or Round ?

Hi people.. what needle group is ideal for fill in? mag or round?

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
hi, depends on what you want to fill in & how big it is !!! & also what effect you want to acheve.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
Hi people.. what needle group is ideal for fill in? mag or round?
if its just solid black i use a 14 needle flat mag and a 9 round for the sides ,but it all go's on the size but i use flats for just about every thing ,plus it comes down to machines i use 10 wrap coil machines for 9 round and 12 wrap coils for 23 flat mag and 8 wrap coils pure iron core coils for 7 flat and round

And in the corners of a tribal is very tight use RL ? as the lining i think..this is my way but i dont know if its not good for the skin because this type of needle group (RL) is very 'aggresive' for skin..

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
You can turn a flat over to get tight points on tribal but you have to be careful you don't slice the skin open.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
And in the corners of a tribal is very tight use RL ? as the lining i think..this is my way but i dont know if its not good for the skin because this type of needle group (RL) is very 'aggresive' for skin..
I use a small rs such as a 5 or 7 depending on the size of the piece.

13crows

Premium
First Name
neil
mags all the way only ever use r/s for thickening out lines ,,,finishing results are a lot smoother with mags that you just cant get with r/s....:icon_biggrin:

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
This is the difficult way ...the easy?
It's easy with practice, I dont recommend doing it first time on human skin though as a flat can cut like a razorblade, but with practice flats can be used to do a lot of the work and they give some very sharp points on tribal work.