Marilyn on Synthetic Skin

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I'm amazed there isn't more frequent uploads of people's work up on here! :icon_sad:
Anyhow, I sketched out and made the stencil of a stag old school styleee, quite big, took a fair old while, only to realise I hadn't defrosted any pig skin! :icon_redface: Duuuuhhh.
So, i'd already set up so I rushed out a 2 min Marilyn sketch (as you can see from my sh*te stencil) just to do something on synthetic skin. Didn't like going back to it after the pig, it just takes forever and loads of ink to work it, you can see where I gave up by midnight at the bottom of the pic, the main bit was pretty much done.
Yes, my shading is still pants. I know!:icon_redface:

Just getting into it and thought i'd compare to the stencil.

IMG_3002.jpg

This is my favorite, I always like half finished portraits for some reason, I think they look quite cool. :icon_smile:

IMG_3004.jpg

Done, Can't get as much black into the background, litrally taking forever!

IMG_3006.jpg

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Thats a great effort especially on synthetic skin. Pig skin only takes a few minutes to defrost in hot water. I defrost it this way just before I apply stencil. 5 mins in really hot water then dry off with kitchen towel and apply stencil as normal whilst the skin is still warm. If I haven't got time to finish the tattoo I re-freeze it or put in fridge wrapped in cling film.