Metal or Disposable

paulrods

Premium
First Name
paul
I was wondering what to use plastic disposable tubes or the metal ones, i find the plastic ones quite bulky at the tip compared to metal and the don't all seem to have a snug fit with the needle like the metal ones any ideas ??

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Use whatever you feel comfy with...if you use stainless steel tips,you must have an autoclave to sterilize them.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
There are decent plastic tubes about, you have to try a few brands to find which suits you better, myself I like pin up diamond tubes for lining, but if I had a autoclave I would use steel.

paulrods

Premium
First Name
paul
afterhours of searching Ive found just what i was looking for at www.imaxshop.com/en/, they have old school type tubes that are really fine at the tip so looks like theres a order going in to see what they are like. :icon_cheesygrin:

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
I found this website that sells the lexans for pretty cheap. Cheapest i've found them at least... http://www.technicaltattoosupply.com/ they go for 1$ US for 5 full tubes. I feel it's much cleaner to just chuck tubes and because I don't have an autoclave. And cannot afford one right now either the lexans is the way to go.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
i use steel tips from powerline tattoo supplies, they do tips with a longer tip at the end and with a double wash hole for easy cleaning and with them having a longer tip you can see what you are doing better and they seem to cut down on ink splatter to, it took me about 9 months of trying different steel and plastic tips before i was happy, I do use plastic sometimes for colour but always steel for outline.

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Plastic disposable always, unless you have an autoclave that is regularly sporetested.

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
I use disposable & never had a problem, used to use steel tubes but found plastic just as good :icon_cool:

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
Personally, i am a much bigger fan of the good and old stainless steel, but since i can't afford an autoclave at this time, disposables will have to do.
I personally buy all needles and tubes at Island Tattoo Center, and they work perfectly, and they also have nice prices.