Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

More Procreate Questions

Parrington21

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Ben
Well after my iPad turned up with a bend in it, like WTF and arguing with he guy, I finally had a go at using it, just did a simple ish design I have drawn already, came out pretty cool. So much to learn using digital art. Layers and layers and layers!!! Really want it to learn portraits but I'm super shit at them

Attachments

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I finally got me the procreate app. Think I'm going to LOVE this.

Strange really though, doing everything to make the pen draw like a graphite pencil :LOL:

I'm getting the irritating little hook in the end of every line. @marked 4 life did you find a way to get rid of them?

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
And what about the "slow start" you get every time you put the pencil on screen? Really annoying. To avoid it I have to press really hard from exactly the moment the pencil touches the screen, but I can't draw like that. It's to odd. There must be a setting for this?

Thread starter #29

marked 4 life

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Andy
I still occasionally get the "hook" the best way I found was to make the page and piece bigger (2 fingers on screen and spread to increase size) this makes the lines more manageable and also when using the eraser to clean up the hooks, I aren't sure what you mean by slow start, are you using iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, I customised many settings to do what I wanted.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Yeah, i'm looking through and playing with different settinggs a lot atm, but none of them have changed the "slow start". By that I mean that when I start drawing no line shows until after 2-3cm. And then it's light in the beginning and then gets darker. I want it to work like a graphite pencil=when i put it on the paper it shows from beginning when moving it on paper.

I'm using ipad pro and apple pencil, yes.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Actually it didn't work as good with the pencil as it did with my finger, but I watched a tutorial tonight, shortly after I posted the comment above and there he showed it. It was as easy as "Pressure/Opacity", but it shall be set in the middle, not to the right or the left as I did every time when trying.
20170906_005532.jpg

JP

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
James
Has anyone upgraded to procreate 4? I'm a little nervous to dive in as i've heard some rumors that there are a lot of bugs with it..

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Where do you see what version you have?

#EDIT: Found it. I have 3.2.4

#EDIT2: Read about it. Obviously a freezing problem. Sounds really frustrating. i wouldn't update till they fixed it.

Last edited:

JP

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
James
Where do you see what version you have?

#EDIT: Found it. I have 3.2.4

#EDIT2: Read about it. Obviously a freezing problem. Sounds really frustrating. i wouldn't update till they fixed it.
Some of the guys on that facebook group (tattooers and procreate) were talking about it

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Seeing all these digital designs - I don't mean only on here, but everywhere - I wonder if people draw at all or just copy and paste?

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
That's the difference between a tattooist and a tattooist
Aah yes, I really hope you're right about that. I'm a bit disappointed though tbh, at first I actually thought people wanted to draw themselves - and did, only in procreate instead of on paper.

JP

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
James
It's all about how you use reference in my eyes...some people draw the same image over and over until it's ingrained to the point where they can draw it anywhere anytime, some like to have the reference in front of them and copy certain elements, you can even do this with tracing paper, now with procreate you can just layer it and trace straight over...I think all these methods are on a par (obviously the first one requires a lot more time and dedication) all require creativity to make something special and original. The real talent is those people that can draw amazing crazy fantasy objects that there is no reference to go off but somehow still look like they could exist...

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
So I am waaaayyyy late to this party. I will be getting a iPad Pro in a couple of months. So is it best to have a Apple Pencil? Or are there other preferred penciles out there???

JP

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
James
I can't comment on the other pencils out there but after years of using apple products i would suggest you get the apple pencil, their products work so much better together than any third party products/accessories (i could be wrong in this case though if anyone else has experience)