My Dog Bug

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I did this on pig last night of my dog. She's a Boston Terrier / Pug cross and is called Bug. She is awesome.
My bloody stencils wouldn't come off again so my lines don't look quite as good as what they actually were!

First the outline:

bug1.jpg

Then finished:

bug2.jpg

Comments always welcome.

Remove Ads

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Steve,
Bout time you posted us some more of your work, Ive been waiting!!!! I'm just jealous because I cannot do any right now so don't take it personal....LOL!!!!!!!!!

Ok..Looking really good m8, my only little critique i can give is that I really like the boldness you've got going on next to the filigree, In other words I would like to see more dark darks through out, that really make this come to life! Also something around the eye isnt quite working for me..??? I dont know, maybe a hint of white to give that wet shine????? All in all, excellent job! Keep it up! I may have to travel along way to get a tatt from you one of these days!!!!!!

viper

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Cheers guys, yeah agreed with your comments Mike. There is white in the eye for the shine but the stencil takes over. Around the outside of the eye she's more pink as here hair is quite thin there. There was a lot of light shining on the side of her head that reflected off her black fur making it a lot lighter, although I reckon it would of looked a lot better blackened up a bit. The thing is, I black it right in and it looks great after a few passes, but then when i'm done, I stick it in the sink to give it a good clean to try and get rid of the stencil and then the whole tattoo looks fainter. Something you wouldn't do with a tattoo on your own skin.
Anyhow, i've made a big move... I've bought some eternal ink, disposable tubes, along with some other bits and bobs so I can tattoo real live people!!
I'm very nervous, i'm going to have a go on myself tonight I think... :icon_confused: If I grow a pair.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
That's excellent mate, I can't wait til I start getting that good..... Looking forward to seeing these live pieces......