My First 'human Skin' Tattoo

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Here is my first 'real' tattoo which I did on my calf. I will shade it when it has healed.:icon_biggrin:. I had read in other posts about getting the shakes with your first tat and I thought I was doing well with not getting shakey hand...right up until the needle was about 1mm from the skin then my hand went all kinda trembly(as you can see), took about 15 minutes of coaxing myself before I eventually went in and to my surprise it wasn't too uncomfortable at all. Hopefully I can fix the shoogly outline when I shade it.
Advice more than welcome, thanks.:icon_mrgreen:

Remove Ads

Attachments

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Not a bad first attempt,like you say,a bit wobbly,but hey,we have all been there & done it mate.......advice,you will find it a lot easier to tattoo yourself on the thigh...the calf area is awkward to get to.:icon_wink:

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
Not wanting to sound all Zen like but "just remember to breathe" and start small and take as much time as you need. My first wasnt too bad but I chose an easy one on an easy area (my thigh), the second was really tough (on a friend which I lost my stencil 5mins into it and then freehanded with the machine - see Riossi Turtle in album) and I almost gave up... then my third one (butterfly on wrist) I wasnt nervous in the slightest. I was using a new power supply for the first time, which arrived set at 12 or 13amps and it literally blew my machine into bits right in front of the customer - my nerves and adrenalin dumped all at once and I finished the tattoo fighting the urge to throw up. I still have a long way to improve and still get nervous but so long as I take my time and remember to breathe I settle in really quickly.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I think you would have done better if you had asked the question before you tattooed yourself, you have done a good job considering it is your first, it is on your own leg and the design you picked is not really a good one to start off with, really a design without long lines in it is preferable, use at least a 5 tight round liner for the outline and also very important practise your breathing when tattooing and take your time, you are doing very well so keep the practise up and good luck for the future.

regards
Tony

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Well done!

Ok so it's a little wobbly - but as you say, that can be put right with shading! At least you have been willing to put the picture up and take advice! Many users have lots to say - but never show their work on here - so pat on the back for you! Nerves will lessen in time:icon_biggrin:

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Thanks for the great advice as ever :icon_biggrin:. I did find myself holding my breath (suppose it is something you would notice eventually :icon_redface:) so just got keep on top of that one. I had originally planned to practice on my thigh but then I thought 'what if I do a good job, I will only be able to show it off by dropping my trousers':icon_eek::icon_mrgreen:
Thanks again.