• Later today, the site will be offline for essential server upgrades. This upgrade should run without any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My tattoos timeline 2019- to the infinite

Volicius

Premium
First Name
Alex
Hello! I'm pretty new to tattooing. I started in 2019, i tattooed on fake skin for like a month and then stooped. First i was using a chinese coil machine. Now I started again (I forgot everything, so it's a new beginning) and I'm on it for 2 weeks now. Now I have a cheyenne clon and OMG the difference its huge, specially because I don't get how to calibrate a coil machine, I tried but I really don't know how to know(?) if it's right, lol.
Every bit of critique and help is welcome!
This are photos of my fake skins, Red numbers are from 2019, and blue ones from this year (two weeks ago) AND YES, I have to clean the skins. IMG_20210624_173210.jpg IMG_20210624_173228.jpg IMG_20210624_173236.jpg

You clearly can see on 1 Blue THAT I FORGOT EVERYTHING xD but well, I'm getting used to it again.

Also, I tattooed myself on the ankle/shin (????) very shaky and that, but I'm overall happy that is not that crappy
IMG_20210624_173331.jpg

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Practice looks good.

Lines on your shin looks a little aggressive. Maybe you could slow down the machine speed, or speed up your hand speed (would recommend trying to slow down machine speed first).

MirandM

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Miranda
You didn't chose the most easy place to tattoo, thin skin, difficult to avoid blow-outs without practice. Forearm would be a better place, as I did.
Unless you got the terms mixed up maybe? Shin = pantorilla (creo que se dice espinilla en tu pais), ankle = rodilla.
Only recently I did an anklet because I felt confident enough.
And I agree with Malin, your lines look a bit thick, like oversaturated. The problem with too much ink is that you can't do anything about it. Faint lines can be redone to make them right.
My first tattoo's were also too thick and too deep, slow hand speed combined with a too fast machine speed (in my case of rotary too high voltage), my hand speed is not so fast so I needed to slow down the machine considerably.
btw, I love Red 10, Lucy :giggle:

Remove Ads

Last edited:

Volicius

Premium
First Name
Alex
Thanks for the comments! I was working at 8.1v because that's what I use on the fake skin, but when I started on my leg, I slowed down my hand because my leg was shaking for the posture I was, lol.
I tattooed this part, I don't even know the spanish name? Arriba del tobillo pero no es tobillo, lol. And I can't tattoo my forearm cause I'm reserving that spot for a cool tattoo :LOL: I will try tattooing my other leg with less voltage or faster hand maybe the next week when I get a better grip of what I'm doing
1624645384498.png

MirandM

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Miranda
Thanks for the comments! I was working at 8.1v because that's what I use on the fake skin, but when I started on my leg, I slowed down my hand because my leg was shaking for the posture I was, lol.
I tattooed this part, I don't even know the spanish name? Arriba del tobillo pero no es tobillo, lol. And I can't tattoo my forearm cause I'm reserving that spot for a cool tattoo :LOL: I will try tattooing my other leg with less voltage or faster hand maybe the next week when I get a better grip of what I'm doing
View attachment 26629
Es la parte baja de la pantorilla, donde normalmente se pone un tobillero (anklet). Bad zone to start on. Believe me, I may not be an expert as I've started only about a year ago, but I do know from my own experience that you need to start on a zone where you have a bit more flesh and enough sensitivity to feel what you're doing.
Move higher up the leg, gemelo o por ahí, somewhere you have some muscle like the outer thigh just below the hip. Lots of flesh, sensitive so you know what depth you're at, flexible skin you have to stretch and it can easily be covered by cloths if things go wrong.
This zone is great:
female-hands-measuring-upper-thigh-mesure-band-close-up-detail-measure-isolated-white-backgrou...jpg
If you lower your hand speed you should lower the voltage. Lining I do at 7.2V but this depends on the machine you're using.
In general, fake skin needs a slower hand speed than real skin. But if you're trembling, control your respiration, take deep breaths a few time, and hold your breath once you start. It helps.

Volicius

Premium
First Name
Alex
Thank you! I will try there for the next one, preferí la parte baja de la pantorrilla porque se me hacía más cómodo. I'm getting used to the vibrations of the fake skin and the machine, but I have 4 machine, one coil for colors, one old rotary very chinese, and 2 pens, so I'm just experimenting with them to know which works better for what.

New practiceee
I did this one trying to blend color, it's not smooth, but at least it blends somehow :ROFLMAO:
IMG_20210628_150626.jpg

First was the one on the bottom, very sketchy lines and I said f*ck this, and re did the whole thing, the horns blended reaaally weird, but that is cuz I painted the shadows black instead of just very dark red, so it looks muddy
IMG_20210628_150612.jpg

And now I'm working on this, trying to do a more anime coloring if I can (I hope I can)
IMG_20210628_150556.jpg

Volicius

Premium
First Name
Alex
Hello! I did some more tattoos in this time, The big big one that I started, I couldn't make the blonde color and I just trow the towel in his hair xD and the skin color didn't take on the fake skin, then I did the guy with only line work, trying to use a different setting but nope, didn't work, too shaky. Then make the little Hornet from Hollow Knight, the one sitting with red dress. The the Llama Potion ( A LLAMA? ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!) Then the evangelion one, the only one that is facing up, then Luci DO IT DO IT (the white is sharpie marker, lol) and last, Veigar, the cat alike one.
In the llama potion I have a weird connection in the bottom right of the bottle, I was lining and a little earthquake attacked, I thought it was going to be only sound but it was with movement 🤡

211822471_263309345557723_5375632687748848117_n.jpg 219198128_1155148438327143_6481205306461056851_n.jpg 219198128_1155148438327143_6481205306461056851_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.