P Need your advice: forearm tattoo requested.

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
So, a friend of one of my son, 20 yo, asked me to compliment his actual tattoo with more elements.

Here's the existing tattoo which is great in my book:
IMG_20200620_154054_158.jpg

I proposed him to add more nature elements, animals, plants or flowers, insects, in my hatching/engraving style (in which i feel totally confident).

How would you process on this kind of request?

For the moment i've decided to study other people's work to see how they come around exisiting designs.
I also think i need to evaluate (being slow) how i could do it in 3 or 4 sessions. I'll have to break down the design in various stencils for each session.
I'm seeing him in a few days to take pictures and dimensions.
This a tree of life so i need to take care of the symbols around it and i guess putting some "S" or spiraling shapes around it will turn out great, due to its actual symetric base.

What say you?

Peace,

DKJ

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
the problem with adding those elements of animals, plants, etc. is that the roots are visible all the way down to the bottom. Everything is going to look like it's just floating. It also is placed well so it covers his entire forearm. Maybe something geometric that will counter the flow of the branches and give it a cool juxtaposition?

You're pretty much trying to pretty up 80s tribal....it's hard to find a flow for it. 1592664647730.png

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
the problem with adding those elements of animals, plants, etc. is that the roots are visible all the way down to the bottom. Everything is going to look like it's just floating. It also is placed well so it covers his entire forearm. Maybe something geometric that will counter the flow of the branches and give it a cool juxtaposition?

You're pretty much trying to pretty up 80s tribal....it's hard to find a flow for it. View attachment 23820
Nice proposal, you just gaveme the idea of putting birds on top and rats and rabbits in holes near the roots.

I need to counter this floating aspect, thanks!

Peace,

DKJ