Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in
  • The latest tattoo drawing contest is now open for entries.
    Enter now to win your trophy. Read more

New Here, still learning to paint and spit shade

First Name
Nathan
Thread starter #1
I’ve been painting a few months figured I’d show a couple things and welcome some crits.

Let me know what you think I can improve on.

I’m using India ink and nib for lines/shading and a mix of PH Martins watercolor and FW acrylic inks for color

Attachments

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Malin
I love them! Actually I wish people would dare to tattoo black outlines that were this imperfect - don't get me wrong! But they are more "sensible" than the perfect fat straight lines that always is the goal in tattooing.

The motifs themselves are typical classical tattoo motifs. Not very original, but very nice.

Will you do them on fake skin?

First Name
Nathan
Thread starter #4
I love them! Actually I wish people would dare to tattoo black outlines that were this imperfect - don't get me wrong! But they are more "sensible" than the perfect fat straight lines that always is the goal in tattooing.

The motifs themselves are typical classical tattoo motifs. Not very original, but very nice.

Will you do them on fake skin?

Thanks,

I plan to do them on fake skin eventually. Still waiting for my machine to come in. Working on my art first. Figured if I can learn to line with a dip pen I’ll have a better chance at lining with a machine.

Here is one I just finished.

Attachments

dirtnail

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Pieter
Nice work! Spitshading is tricky stuff, but definately fun to do! Do hate when you're nearly finished and mess up a spot :ROFLMAO:
The technique also helps with understanding layers in traditional tattooing.Cool artwork... Keep them coming (y)

First Name
Nathan
Thread starter #9
Here’s one I painted tonight. The design is from the Xam sketchbook posted by Dirtnail. That collection of flash is awesome. I tried a new shading technique with a china marker and kindve rushed it. Not the results I wanted but I still like it.

I used pigma micron 05 for the lines, India ink for the grey and some shading, fw liquid acrylic ink for the colors and a china marker for the black shading. It’s on strathmore 5x8 watercolor paper.

Attachments