P New Needles and Machines= BLOWOUTS...WTF?

Mattcesario

Premium
First Name
Matthew cesario
i recently switched to textured needles (5,7,9round) and jimmy whitlock rollomatic liner machine. i know its a far better quality machine than ive been using but im constantly bubbling lines and blowin shit out. can anyone help me out? i know this is a pretty vague description of whats up but should i switch back to nontextured liners? im runnin the liner normally at 7.5 on a lucky custom power supply (#ps10) i feel like a real shithead for having to ask but im lost

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hey Matt,
what do you mean,when you say "bubbling lines" ??
And by blowouts,do you mean the lines you are putting in the skin,are spreading out...if so, the blowouts are caused by the needles going into the skin over depth.The correct depth is 1.5 - 2mm.....(If i have understood this wrong,can you be more specific please.) if it's the ink spraying out of the tip to much,then just reduce the machine speed a little & make sure the elastic bands are tight....Also,don't overload the tip with ink,just dip without running the machine...Hope this helps.

Mattcesario

Premium
First Name
Matthew cesario
its like when im pulling a line ya know how sometimes you see the ink split off in veiny patternd? thats what i mean

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Still not sure what you mean,but if you were not having the problems before,just go back to using the other needles,!!!:icon_wink:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
its like when im pulling a line ya know how sometimes you see the ink split off in veiny patternd? thats what i mean
Hi yes this is also known as a blowout your going in just slighty to deep lift up just slighty ;)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Def stop using the needles if you weren't having this prob before! Bin them or send back! Could be faulty batch?

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Textured needle carry more ink on the needle tip it holds on to the texture of the needle tbh id pritty much only use textured needle with blocking in colour ;)

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
iv just noticed the last batch of liner needles i got are textured. whats the difference between these and standard needles?

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
iv just noticed the last batch of liner needles i got are textured. whats the difference between these and standard needles?
The difference is,the textured needles have a slight rough surface to hold onto the ink better........standard needles have a highly polished surface.

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
Yep you have a few things going on, if I am reading it correctly; new machine and new type of needles.

I would back track a little and only change one thing at a time - either old machine and new needles, or new machine and needle types you're used to.

Your new machine could be heavier, punchier, faster than your old machine.

If you want to persist with the new setup then try backing off on the power or working faster.

I understand that blow-outs (generally) are either incorrect depth, too great of needle angle, or stationary needle - which is why my thoughts are turning toward the machine.

Either way I would take a few steps back and change one thing at a time to isolate/resolve the issue.

Good luck!