New to the Forum :)

rossco1106

Basic
First Name
Ross Wolfe
Hi guys my name is Ross and am looking to start tattooing as a hobby then maybe going into it as a job if i can become good enough. All the forums i log onto seem to be against self taught tattooists so thought this site would be perfect for me. I am looking for some info to get started e.g equipment etc.

thanks in advance for any replies

Remove Ads

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
WELCOME!!!!!!! ul find some good help and info here thers no stigma about self taught here (the way it should be)

rossco1106

Basic
First Name
Ross Wolfe
thanks :) could you recommend a machine to get started with. i will mainly be practicing on myself and girlfriend. also will use fake skin f this would help

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
thanks :) could you recommend a machine to get started with. i will mainly be practicing on myself and girlfriend. also will use fake skin f this would help

Hi Ross...welcome to the forum mate...best thing to do is get yourself a half descent kit ( not from china ) and do lots of practice on fake skin & pig skin before tattooing yourself or girlfriend.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Hi Ross...welcome to the forum mate...best thing to do is get yourself a half descent kit ( not from china ) and do lots of practice on fake skin & pig skin before tattooing yourself or girlfriend.
Agree 100%. Dont go near skin until you are confident. If you start sticking needles in yourself straight away, you are going to do a crap design, which will probably look rough, then you will want to cover it up! :icon_frown: We have all done the same thing im sure. You then also lose a nice big open space of leg, which you could use in the future for an excellent piece!

If you are looking for a good machine, i would go for Glyn Flew on Ebay, but that is just the start of it!

Anyway, welcome aboard. :icon_biggrin:

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin
depends how much money you want to lay out at first,if you want to start cheaply then i would do as skinpix said get a cheap kit and practice on pig skin and then upgrade everything as you move on.if you want to start out with good quality stuff give an idea of budget,but i wouldnt buy a high end kit.

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
Culdnt agree with mark more i started out that way before i realised it was a lot harder than it looked so then moved on to bananas grapefruit and pigskin (tattooing fruit will teach you to be gentle )
for machines stick with the stuff out of a kit for now coz theres no sence in shelling out big bucks then finding out its not for you once you get into it i culdnt recommend baggerz highly enough (houldlum tattoo) for some nice new machines
ah and as a few people have mentioned try not to bother with the stuff from china ul be forever fiddling with them trying to get them to run right