New to the forums, just saying hello.

Igletdatard

Basic
22 Mar 2021
Australia
First Name
Iglet
So the title pretty much sums it up. I dont have a extensive tattooing portfolio. I dont have a portfolio at all. I have only tattooed myself and my partner. To date, all tattoos i have inked have been stick and poke (sterile), not free hand. I have been thinking about buying some guns. I dont plan on growing/expanding, its just a hobby and im interested to see what a gun will bring to my overall end product. Nutshell.

Remove Ads

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
17 Dec 2014
Media
Stockholm
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hello and welcome forum ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ So Iglet is obviously not a name - I had to Google as it did sound a bit odd to me (never heard the word before though ๐Ÿค”). So I just call you nothing then ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nice you've been hand poking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I think I'm the only one here on the forum otherwise.

Of course there's a difference between hand poke and machines, but not as much as I thought when I tried hand poking the first time. But I started with machines before hand poke, I think it's different when doing hand poke first. You haven't gone through all the sweat with stretching, hand speed vs machine speed, technical devices and such yet. With that said - don't hesitate to try a machine. There are really cheap, good rotaries, you don't have to ruin yourself. If you want to go really old school you can try a coil - the guys and gals on here will have loads of tips for you (I'm not a coil user, I live in the 21st century ๐Ÿ˜‰).

You really don't have any photos at all to show? Would be nice to see your hand pokes.

(PS. If you keep calling tattoo machines guns, you'll get lynched ๐Ÿ˜„ Don't ask me why that's so important).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.