what do you think
Image0029.jpg Image0030.jpg

Remove Ads

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
very nice indeed an welcome aboad p think you should fit right in :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Welcome to the site! :)

The tattoo in the first pic is very bad, the second looks a little better but its a bad pic and i cant really see much.

With no offence intented, i suggest you practice on pig and draw etc until you can produce better work.

I am no pro myself and im in the same position as you, ive also only done 2 tattoos on real skin and im still using pig skin and drawing to try and improve before going any further.

To the first reply who said "very nice indeed", i cant understand why this would be said???

Sorry to seem a little harsh on this thread but people need criticism to improve their skills, it is vital.

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
Debs, I know we're not here to be falsely praised and to have everything sugar coated for us. I, for one, prefer criticism to flat-out praise to help me evolve and get better. But what you just said was down right rude and offensive! Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you could at least try and explain to someone what it is about the tattoo that's bad, instead of just straight-off insulting them. Explain the areas they need to improve on and the things they need to work on, and it helps to point out the parts that you like and think are good, to help boost their confidence. The best artist in the world will only ever produce mediocre tattoos if they're not confident in their own ability.

Anyways, back on topic. I'm not really in any position to be dishing out any serious critique because I'm also still a novice, but I notice your lines are a little shakey. Remember not to hold your breath when you're doing a tattoo, and breathe deep and slow. On the plus side, your colour seems to be pretty consistant, especially on the sencond tattoo... that seems really solid!

All in all, not a bad start, imo. Just keep on practicing with the pig skin (or fake skins) and you'll be well on your way :)

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
A very good first effort Lee 'i for one would not call it a 'bad'tattoo 'Unfortunatly these forums sometimes attract people who think they are 'experts'in the art because they have done 2or3 half decent ones'it does not give them the right to have a superior and downright rude attitude tho'keep the head up mate !!:icon_biggrin:

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Debs, I know we're not here to be falsely praised and to have everything sugar coated for us. I, for one, prefer criticism to flat-out praise to help me evolve and get better. But what you just said was down right rude and offensive! Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you could at least try and explain to someone what it is about the tattoo that's bad, instead of just straight-off insulting them. Explain the areas they need to improve on and the things they need to work on, and it helps to point out the parts that you like and think are good, to help boost their confidence. The best artist in the world will only ever produce mediocre tattoos if they're not confident in their own ability.

Anyways, back on topic. I'm not really in any position to be dishing out any serious critique because I'm also still a novice, but I notice your lines are a little shakey. Remember not to hold your breath when you're doing a tattoo, and breathe deep and slow. On the plus side, your colour seems to be pretty consistant, especially on the sencond tattoo... that seems really solid!

All in all, not a bad start, imo. Just keep on practicing with the pig skin (or fake skins) and you'll be well on your way :)
As i said in my first post, there is NO offense intended at all. I agree with what you said, i should have explained why i think this tattoo is bad, so yes that was rude and i apologise for that, so i shall say what i think needs improving...

The linework in the first pic is very shaky and in my opinion even if he lines were perfect, this design would still lack any depth and it is flat. Thats why i suggest practising it first on pig skin or even sketching it on paper to try out different shading/colour techniques to improve the overall design.

Hope this helps and is not taken the wrong way, i am not here to cause shit, im in the same position as you all.

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
A very good first effort Lee 'i for one would not call it a 'bad'tattoo 'Unfortunatly these forums sometimes attract people who think they are 'experts'in the art because they have done 2or3 half decent ones'it does not give them the right to have a superior and downright rude attitude tho'keep the head up mate !!:icon_biggrin:
Thank you for your comment, but i can assure you oultimer that you couldnt be more wrong in thinking that i think im an expert in the art!
I will say it again, ive only done 2 tattoos on real skin and im at the very beginning of learning this art, just like many of you and i appreciate all comments, if they are good/bad. You have got to give and take criticism, otherwise people are being mislead and yes this will definately knock your confidence but it will also make you stronger in the long run. And to be honest, anyone who cant recognise a bad tattoo from a good one should not be taking up this art form. Even if i had done the worst tattoo ever myself, it doesnt mean that i cannot give critism out when i see bad artwork.

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
As i said in my first post, there is NO offense intended at all. I agree with what you said, i should have explained why i think this tattoo is bad, so yes that was rude and i apologise for that, so i shall say what i think needs improving...

The linework in the first pic is very shaky and in my opinion even if he lines were perfect, this design would still lack any depth and it is flat. Thats why i suggest practising it first on pig skin or even sketching it on paper to try out different shading/colour techniques to improve the overall design.

Hope this helps and is not taken the wrong way, i am not here to cause shit, im in the same position as you all.
OK the linework isn't perfect 'regarding the design being flat and lacking depth'maybe the client wanted this effect and the tattoo is a true reflection of this'just because you think it should be done in a certain way doesn't make it wrong and not 'artistic'if the client is happy and the tattoest pleased with his work who are we to condemn 'after all we all have our own interpretation of what art is ,and the aim of all of us is to develop our own individual style :icon_cheesygrin:

heritage74

Premium
First Name
lee heritage
hi there thanks for the comments
i was ready to give it up after being kicked in the balls by second post but hey
the people i done them for were really happy although done have to work on line work and keep practicing aint bad though considering only been at it for 3weeks
thanks people
lee

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi lee
my 2cents ;)

yea not bad in a way, from what i can make out. but will 1st assume you are using diss tubs/grips/tips (also needle) also you have "studyied" cross contamination also the correct setup/breackdown procedure,( this is more important than the tattoo ;)

the work in general (tattoo) ok i guess, not knocking the design as such if the clent is happy theres nothing further to discuss there ;) the quality in work is questionable,, i know u 3 weeks new and appreciate this ;) the humble an soundest advice i can give you is
1,kearnn from you 2 experiences ;)
2, kind of hold out from tattooing any1 else until the 2 you done has healed so you can take a look and try work out were you need to concentrate on ;)
by all means do feel free to have plenty of practice on piggy while u wait for the 2 tattoos you done to heal ;)
just more than anything to check that your machines run rught dont chew or beat up the skin ;)
3 try and stick with real basic,small designs-doing this and gradualy buiding up a your confidence as u gain expeience
stick with lee just dont russ ;)
hope this helps and dont b affraid to ask questions ;)
bless