Ointment or No Ointment ?

People tell me...what is the best aftercare way ?????
After the tattoo we washit with warm water and soap for every 3 hours and apply ointment?

or

only washit and dont apply oitment for 2 days because of the ink removed by the ointment?

i use bepanthol and is attacking ink ! Its better for the first 2 days only wash with water and soap????

Remove Ads

Ph47

Premium
First Name
Michael
Personally I use bepanthen, I have used it on 8 of my own tattoos and i find it heals faster, eases any soreness and helps keep the colour locked in. Although you can't always tell the colours still OK until the dry skin/ thin scabs come off, then the true colour comes out.

I would recommend that you do use some kind of ointment because is keeps germs out while keeping the scabbing down to a minimum. (less scabbing the better the ink is retained) I do hear that tattoo goo is the daddy but for value and content ratio bepanthen is my choice.

Sorry prob no help at all but i thought I'd stick my penny's worth in.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Personally I use bepanthen, I have used it on 8 of my own tattoos and i find it heals faster, eases any soreness and helps keep the colour locked in. Although you can't always tell the colours still OK until the dry skin/ thin scabs come off, then the true colour comes out.

I would recommend that you do use some kind of ointment because is keeps germs out while keeping the scabbing down to a minimum. (less scabbing the better the ink is retained) I do hear that tattoo goo is the daddy but for value and content ratio bepanthen is my choice.

Sorry prob no help at all but i thought I'd stick my penny's worth in.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
ok.. i think this is the safest way... so you apply when tattoo is done ? and 3 times a day wash it with warm water and apply bepanthen? for 10 days?

Ph47

Premium
First Name
Michael
Yup just right, after 6-10 day you can use what you was using before as it is a moisturiser and will help the new skin.

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin
i second Micheal it helps reduce scabbing which helps keep colour in,i personally only use it for 4-5 days and then leave it apart from washing once a day

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Wash three times a day with clean warm water & soap, pat dry with a fresh clean towel DONOT rub, apply bepanthen (small dabs & work gently into tattoo). Just a point .... DONOT go swimming in public baths after a tattoo untill completly healed.

Last edited:

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Wash three times a day with clean warm water & soap, pat dry with a fresh clean towel DONOT rub, apply bepanthen (small dabs & work gently into tattoo). Just a point .... DONOT go swimming in public baths after a tattoo untill completly healed.
I second that, this is pretty much exactly what I tell my clients

Ok.thanks...another question... who is better..? the blue bepanthen or the pink? the blue is more flux and spread more easy..but the pink last longer because of the none flux.

Ph47

Premium
First Name
Michael
I use the pink, Iv not tried the other. anyone else tried it??

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
i use and tell people this 1hr after tattoo wash tattoo in the hottest shower they can handle get all the dry blood and stuff off then use bepanthen use bepanthen up to 3,4 times a day till healed

the hoter the shower the faster it will heal

dont let it dry out keep moist always
dont go swiming in salt water
keep it out of the sun till healed
dont rub pat dry
dont pick it
dont swim in pools till healed

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
I also use Bepanthene, even when i tattooed about 8 years ago, i also used it back than like most the people i knew, and always with very good results., 3 times a day after a nice wash, for at least 2 weeks (just to make sure), and it should be ready for more.

I also use Bepanthene, even when i tattooed about 8 years ago, i also used it back than like most the people i knew, and always with very good results., 3 times a day after a nice wash, for at least 2 weeks (just to make sure), and it should be ready for more.
You mean that y use bepathen 8 years now and its good ointment?

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
You mean that y use bepathen 8 years now and its good ointment?
I'm sorry... what?
I'm saying bepanthene works perfectly for the tattoo aftercare, just like others before have said, and it has been used since i remember, just that. Don't know what you understood.

I'm sorry... what?
I'm saying bepanthene works perfectly for the tattoo aftercare, just like others before have said, and it has been used since i remember, just that. Don't know what you understood.
Sorry my english isnt to good.. but i understant . thanks.. :)

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Ive always used, and reccomended, triple antibiotic ointment. You simply cant get a better ointment, unless youre allergic to it. Its also cheap and more widely available than some of the other options. Here in the US u can get a 0.33oz tube for $1 and its enough for any tat unless its a big back piece or something.