Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Opaque white

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
Hi guys,

I start using intenze opaque white for highlights on my practice pieces, seems to work great on fake skin, is the opaque white suitable for highlights? Or would a plain white work just as good?
Also will the opaque white be suitable to mix with black to make a grey?

Thanks

Remove Ads Close

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Hi Tristan, I have no clue where you are in your learning process, but it's important to know that white works very differently in fake skin and human skin. Not that it's not useful practicing with in on fake skin, on the contrary. But it doesn't stay as white on human skin when healed.

I can't speak for the intense opaque white, I've only used regular white (Radiant white, which is considered a good white) but as beige skin will grow over it when tattoo is healing, that sort of speaks for itself. It will never stay particularly white.

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
Hiya,

Yes ive been practicing for a while and i feel i am ready to do a little tester piece on my self, ive already got tattoos with white in it and it has faded into a pale white which makes the black pop. I was just curious as to if anyone uses opaque white in highlights on real skin or if not what kind of white is good?

troub1edsou1z

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
i've never used intenze whites but i don't see why it couldn't be used for adding highlights. My only concern would be the thickness. Just out of personal preference, I like my pigments more on the fluid side....

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Daryl
I think opaque white is what you want really ,to make it stand out ,if you thin it it would become more translucent and I’m sure it’s fine for mixing with colours

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Instagram
@dzikichrzan
Hey I’m using snow opaque white and tbh I will try something different now, is quite thick. Any thoughts on dynamic white guys?

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
yep dynamic white is good. But i've heard alu prima or something like that is the best.

Mr_Carr81

Premium
First Name
Dale
I use fusion white. Don't like eternal white wasnt too keen on dynamic white. Best one for me is fusion but like anything it's what works for you

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Instagram
@dzikichrzan
Thank you sir. Just recently I’ve been doing a touch ups on my first colour tattoo where I used beige next to this white and tbh it was no difference between them lol :) it healed yellowish soo fast...

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Honestly - did anyone use any white that healed other than nicotineish? I've tried bloodline and radiant white. Healed nicotineish. Could be my technique of course.