P Outlining Ink Not Going in Properly.

GRIFFIN

BLAZIN
Premium
First Name
GERRY GRIFFIN
Hi there, i am tattooing for about 6 months and my problem is trying to get a nice solid rich looking line in on certain fleshy parts of the body, ie; stomach,sides,thighs, etc. I mostly use a 7 round liner with kuro sumi outling ink and i try to get a good stretch on the skin with the tat machine tilted at a good angle. In these parts i seem to be getting a weak scratchy line and usually have to go over them again to thicken them up. Any advice on what im not doing right for that lovely rich solid line would be very welcome. Cheers. Ger.

frontosa

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
could be the speed of your machine running to slow for the speed of your hand.
try slowing your hand down it should give you good line's.

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
I used to have this problem, but i have rectified it with a lot of trial and error.

1. I was always afraid to run the machine fast for fear of tearing the skin. Crank it up!
  2. I dont know why this seems so important, but a nice thin layer of vaseline at all times seems to make the ink puddle nicely and less splash which really did improve my lines.
  3. Make sure the tube is the correct size for the needle grouping. If its too small, the ink will not run into the needles correctly.
  4. Always push the machine along the stencil, and try not to pull it. Even if you would rather pull a long line towards you, simply point the tip/needles towards you for the same effect.
  5. Slow down and you will see an instant difference.
That is pretty much my experience, and i hope it helps.

GRIFFIN

BLAZIN
Premium
First Name
GERRY GRIFFIN
Thanks a mil guys, Im going to try out all your great advice and I"ll let you know how I get on.
Ger.