P Outlining Issue

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
I have come across an issue today whist doing a large outline for an upper sleeve, I was using a Micky Sharpz custom running around 10 volts with a 9RL, the ink was going in fine and giving excellent lines until I went around the tricep and bicep area where the ink just would not take, in fact left no ink in the skin at all.
I changed the needle just in case it was dull, but still no joy changed the gun to a standard Micky Sharpz Liner still no joy. The only thing I can think off is that because it was such a large piece and took around 3 and half hours the skin and somehow gone in to shock!
The client showed no signs of stress and said the tattoo was not causing him any pain. I stopped tattooing as the skin seemed to becoming raised.
Any ideas would be appreciated, done my head in today

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Only thing i can think of is if yr not stretching it enough. I did some lettering on the inside of a bicep/ tricep & the amount of stretching i had to do was ridiculous. There is ls loadsa skin there & the needles will just bounce off if its too loose.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
I had a similar problem on a stomach, I changed the needle bar, changed outline ink, it needed more volts and a firmer stretch in the end.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Apart from what's already been said about stretching more a and upping voltage, but did you clean or change tips? Sometimes with long pieces the tip can become clogged and ink won't flow properly

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
yip it just needs more stretching but dont over stretch or the person getting tattooed will feel a ripping type pain like said before up the volts ,stretch skin more , or some times i just put a bit more needle out and tune it to be a bit more harder hitting ,and then tune it back but ive got 2 outliners one set up 3 needle and one set up for 5,7,9 needle outline with 20g springs on it , the 3 needle i just use 18g short cut springs 22uf capacitors but hey ive seen guys use long throw liners with 47uf capacitors that most use on shaders