Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

patchy tats

sutcliffe

Thread starter #1
hi to all, ive been doing tats now with kuri sumi inks and they seem to be patchy or really faint when healed up, also ink runs out of the skin aswell can anyone tell me why this is.

also can anyone tell me why certain inks seem to be thicker than others as the thin inks dont take to skin.

many thanks alan

Islandman

Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides, NW Scotland
First Name
Grahame Thompson
Hi Alan,
without seeing what you are doing makes for a difficult reply. I use Kuri sumi for outlining and shading without any problems, unless I go shallow into the skin.
Try a hair deeper and see what happens. My knees took quite a hammering to see what happens when you outline at different speeds and depths.
cheerz
G

Swampy

First Name
Swampy
hi to all, ive been doing tats now with kuri sumi inks and they seem to be patchy or really faint when healed up, also ink runs out of the skin aswell can anyone tell me why this is.

also can anyone tell me why certain inks seem to be thicker than others as the thin inks dont take to skin.

many thanks alan
Just a thought. You aren't using Kuri grey shade ink are you? Also as Islandman says, it is very hard to give an answer if we cant see the problem. Take a pic and add it to your post, and more than likely the answer jumps out.
Speed and depth are usually the culprits. Even a tight band helps.

First Name
james
just a thought,,,,,,,,,,,,

are they genuine kuru sumi inks?? or knock off copy's bought off ebay ????
were they purchased from a repitable ink supplyer ???