MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I've booked time for doing a double helix today:

20190909_093806.jpg

I'm having a cold though. Not very bad, I'm not having a fever for example. But my throat feels a little sore.

Should I postpone it? I know, I know, better to be safe than sorry, but I've booked it together with a friend whom I haven't seen for 20 years, so I was really looking forward to this, and also I suspect I'll have to pay some sort of fee, even if I will do the piercing at a later date.

I'm thinking, if I would fall today and get a wound on my knee I wouldn't think the healing would be affected by my cold?? And two holes in my ear, how hard can it be?? But it's through the cartilage, and healing takes 6 months to 1 year - maybe not the best idea to start it all with a cold? 🤔😏

What do you think?

Chopper20

Premium Gold
First Name
Andy
It’s a tricky one. I wouldn’t imagine a mild cold by itself would be an issue but if you had some other condition as well, like diabetes, it might take you over the threshold? 🤷‍♂️
If you had someone booked in for a small tattoo (say 1 hour) and they contacted you to say they had a cold, what would you advise them? (I’m interested to know actually as I’ve not had this and wouldn’t know the right thing to say). I guess the same answer would apply to piercings?

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I have no other conditions.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking myself! I've had several bookings for tattoos where client caught a cold, and some of them I've rebootked, a couple of them I've tattooed anyway. I've discussed with them what stage if the cold they're at, how severe it's been and if they had any fever.

•Fever = no tattooing
•Severe cold, no fever = no tattooing
•Average cold, in the beginning or in the middle of the cold = no tattooing
•Mild cold, in the beginning of it = tricky

•Severe cold, almost well, only a little snotty = tattooing
•Mild cold, in the middle of it = tattooing

This is pretty much how I see it.

I would say I have an average to mild cold, and I'm in the middle of it. If I were to tattoo a client at my stage if cold, I would postpone it, but that's because I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Now I'm the person with the cold though 😏 And then it's much harder to decide.

But, I checked what I would have to pay if I cancelled the booking this late, and I will have to pay 500kr, £42, €47, $51 😏 So I decided I'm well enough to make the piercing 😄

Chopper20

Premium Gold
First Name
Andy
I have no other conditions.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking myself! I've had several bookings for tattoos where client caught a cold, and some of them I've rebootked, a couple of them I've tattooed anyway. I've discussed with them what stage if the cold they're at, how severe it's been and if they had any fever.

•Fever = no tattooing
•Severe cold, no fever = no tattooing
•Average cold, in the beginning or in the middle of the cold = no tattooing
•Mild cold, in the beginning of it = tricky

•Severe cold, almost well, only a little snotty = tattooing
•Mild cold, in the middle of it = tattooing

This is pretty much how I see it.

I would say I have an average to mild cold, and I'm in the middle of it. If I were to tattoo a client at my stage if cold, I would postpone it, but that's because I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Now I'm the person with the cold though 😏 And then it's much harder to decide.

But, I checked what I would have to pay if I cancelled the booking this late, and I will have to pay 500kr, £42, €47, $51 😏 So I decided I'm well enough to make the piercing 😄
Cool thanks Malin that’s a good way to look at it.

Yeah good shout, I think I would still go in that situation! 😁

Hope it all goes smoothly 👍