Pig Ears Practice....

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
221884_217544581591944_100000092126866_919219_5821650_n.jpg
A little of some of my older work.. done with coil machines and scream inks. I know alot of you dont like the scream ink but for practice you cant beat it...

196414_209425452403857_100000092126866_853224_3449117_n.jpg Probably my first attempt at a black and white tattoo...

viper

Remove Ads

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Ill bump this up to the top for ya Steve, not sure if nobody ever saw it or just didnt like the work but it never got any comments so Ill give it one more go around......LOL:icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_mrgreen:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Ill bump this up to the top for ya Steve, not sure if nobody ever saw it or just didnt like the work but it never got any comments so Ill give it one more go around......LOL:icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_mrgreen:
Hadn't seen this before, and almost missed it this time round too! Good job, thanks for contributing! Haha
They look good Mike, however I reckon you need a big piece of skin and do something bigger like the pin up you did.
When do you get back to do some more?

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Nice tats mike sorry missed it, bit like my indian head i posted not one comment lol but thzt could mean site was busy or my 1st tat on skin was rely lol

Keep up the good work

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
These are great, never spotted them before. But I think this was from before I joined the forum.....

I remember that rabbit from when you wrote the Hildebrandt review, I think it's ace.....

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
I only looked at these on my phone earlier, just looked at them again on my big screen and yeah, I like them. I like how you've done the bottom one with plenty of black and white highlights. The rabbits good too but I personally am not too keen on the design, but you've still nailed it all the same.
I'd say out of the work i've seen of yours I really like the pinup with the pig, that was some really good work.
I like the pigs ears, they look really smooth unlike the usual pigskin with all the little slits in it.
I just can't wait for you to get back home so I can see some more of you work mate! It's got to be frustrating not getting to use your kit.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Thanks all for the kind words...
Ill be home over the Holiday's and am planning to get some serious ink put down in that time, of course the Family will come first but I do plan go playing as well. Should be home in a couple of weeks to the day actually, so stay tuned. Ive got some designs that I am really looking forward to doing, a couple of pinups, a couple of Old School designs, and possibly some smaller stuff on a buddy of mine....could be really busy! Im also going to bring some of my equipment back here and some fake skins so I can keep in practice while here, not a fan of the fake skin but you make do with what you got! Thanks again...

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I only looked at these on my phone earlier, just looked at them again on my big screen and yeah, I like them. I like how you've done the bottom one with plenty of black and white highlights. The rabbits good too but I personally am not too keen on the design, but you've still nailed it all the same.
I'd say out of the work i've seen of yours I really like the pinup with the pig, that was some really good work.
I like the pigs ears, they look really smooth unlike the usual pigskin with all the little slits in it.
I just can't wait for you to get back home so I can see some more of you work mate! It's got to be frustrating not getting to use your kit.
Thanks Steve, like I said, these were pretty early on works of mine, PRE-Rotary. That B&W piece was probably a 5-6th attempt at doing it at all....LOL! I impressed myself with that one.....LOL!!!!!!!! I like the pinups much better as well, I like that style, need to adopt it more into my work!

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Nice work there Mike, i found pigs ears a pain in the butt to work with finding a design to fit the shape of the ear and removing any hairs.
I now buy ham hocks my missus removes the skin and cooks the ham for her pea soup ... lol waste not want not! Least i get a lovely large skin to work with ;)

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I dont use the ears much anymore, I did learn to work with them and not against them but I find hog back got alot more space to work with!!!!