Pig Skin Attempt

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
be gentle please lol
this i my 1st go on pig, ive had a go on 2 fake skins and didnt like them at all, so thought i would give some pig skin a go, ive only had my machine about a month now and have used it about 5 times so far, but should be able to get more practice done soon, now to me i am not that happt with the result, i am i am a total novice but i feel it should look better, the ink did not seem to go in that well, i used a 4 round needle and was on 8v i think the ink was scream or kuro sumi outline cant remember what one i used, i had the needle just sticking out the bottom but it didnt seem to put the ink in like it does on an orange, i know it softer but thought it would go in out, i try and put the one up on an orange i did.

thanks for any input good or bad, i would sooner be told whats wrong so i cant put it right, pix are taken on me phone so the that great sorry

cheers

Tony:icon_rolleyes:

Attachments

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Tony

From what I can see that's not a bad result for your first time. Fake skins are not at all easy to tattoo onto and like-wise because of the shape, fruit is not easy either.
Have you down loaded the training manual? If not I recommend you do so before you continue, there is everything you need to know including machine set up, needle depths etc as well as all the important info regarding health & safety and sterilizing etc. You will find it easier to outline with a 5 0r 7rl to start with as they wont show up any wobbly lines as much as a smaller needle will. Try real pig skin from Morrisons and set your needle so that it sticks out approx 2mm and you will soon get the hang of it. If you read the manual and all the other download material on this site you will progress in the correct way, take your time and keep in touch, there are lots of friendly experienced people on this site who will give you all the help you need. Remember to practice as much as possible and post your work here to get good honest advice.:icon_biggrin:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
cheers patrick.
the skull is on pig skin not fake, i bought 10 double sided fake skins used 2 and hated them, ive just download the stuff and will have a read of it.

many thanks

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Tony, the tattoo on the pig skin is far to big to begin with, there are to many long lines, start of with small designs and also practise strait lines and circles, it gets a bit boring but it really helped me, I think for a first attempt you have done great, keep it up.

regards
Tony

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Thanks tony,

i did the skull as i really like skull tats. but i will try smaller next time, so many ones to choose from its like trying to pick sweets lol

Thanks again for the feedback