Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Power Supply Multi Output

Thread starter #1

vinex08

First Name
Jeremi
Hi,

This just came into my mind while watching a timelapse tattoo video. How is that an artist can have 3 or more machines at the same time? Switching machines so quickly? e,g
5rl to 9rs then 13m1 - Do they use a seprate power supply for those machines?

Cheers~

PeterB

First Name
Peter
It's time lapse as you say, edited video. There's no way of telling whether they have multiple or dual outlet power supplies or not. There's also no way of telling how 'quickly' they swap over.

Goldwingdaz

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daz
I totally agree, its time lapse, they could have a cup of tea between machines, we would never know ;)

Thread starter #4

vinex08

First Name
Jeremi
how about you guys, how are you dealing with multiple machines? jsut wanna know if i'm doing the normal thing.

TattooedVoodoo

First Name
Chris
My power supply supports 2 machines with a switch for liner and shader. Wish it supported 3 but it doesn't.

Goldwingdaz

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daz
im using a twin output digital like Chris's for my rotary and pen work, and a digital single output with switchable presets etc for my coil work.

No need for mega prices so long as the output is constant, reliable and accurate. Some of the machines at around £30 are more than adequate (y) you wont go far wrong with a good bench supply either, just make a foot switch connection and your good to go. ;) Ask Andy about his, ( I cant remember which thread its on in the forum.)

Thread starter #7

vinex08

First Name
Jeremi
me i think i have been struggling a little because i have to remove the cord and put it on a different machine, esp when i switch to small to big mags. it's taking out the momentum, i guess i have to look for dual output p.s :)

Ink sponge

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Adrian
My power supply is single output. You can get multiple outputs but you have more leads to get in the way and to barrier. More to set up and break down. There's a few ways to improve efficiency.
Cartlidge systems are great you can have multiple needle configurations and only one machine. Sometimes two machines depending on how you work. You can switch from mag to shader to liner with minimum distruption.
Use a medium size mag for everything is another way to keep working. Pick a mag that you can do a whole tattoo with. If you learn to use the corners of a mag there's no need to keep changing down.
My coils and rotaries run RCA connections so if I want to swap from one machine to another it's minimal time.

TattooedVoodoo

First Name
Chris
I have a few of the cartridges that a company sent me to try out if anybody needs them i can mail them to you. Prefer U.S. only, I think it is pricey to ship over seas. I have no use for them. Not sure why they sent them to me.

Last edited:
Thread starter #11

vinex08

First Name
Jeremi
I have a few of the cartridges that a company sent me to try out if anybody needs them i can mail them to you. Prefer U.S. only, I think it is pricey to ship over seas. I have no use for them. Not sure why they sent them to me.
Thanks man! i dont have the machines to use those anyway, and overseas shipping is expensive. i'll check the RCA converter thing

NewlineTa2

First Name
Joseph
I would definitely be interested in using them if they are still available.