Practice - Eye

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
A practice piece i did yesterday on pig.

Remove Ads

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
Honestly!!that is the most realistic tattoo of an eye i have ever seen it is so lifelike it could be a photograph.To be able to reproduce this image on pigskin using a tattoo machine and ink is simply unbelievable 'and to be able to hide the cuts on the skin is an amazing achievement :icon_wink:

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
Hi Debs,What inks and needles did you use for this?i would expect that you would have needed to try out a few before you got this effect 'basically it would be of interest to read of your preparation for this 'work of art'and what did you use for a reference .ie'to create a stencil if one was used ?

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
Brilliant work debs, very realistic one of the best i've seen on pig skin. :icon_cheesygrin:

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Thanks for all the great comments everyone. I was pleased with the way this turned out. Will definately be doing more soon.:icon_cheesygrin:

Hi Debs,What inks and needles did you use for this?i would expect that you would have needed to try out a few before you got this effect 'basically it would be of interest to read of your preparation for this 'work of art'and what did you use for a reference .ie'to create a stencil if one was used ?

The design is my own. I done a bit of practising with pencil the other day as i wanted to try out a bit of realism and the eye is quite small so i thought it would be a great starting point.
This was my first attempt on pig skin at doing the design and i decided to do it in colour, whereas my drawing were just black and grey but i thought id just give it a go.

I used a 3rl and a 5 curved mag as its quite a small piece ( around the size of a 50p coin). Inks i used were mostly moms apart from the blue and white that were bloodline/skin candy and kuro sumi for the black. I did do a little mixing here and there to get the desired tones etc...( dipping from one colour to the next and going straight to the skin)

I bought these inks to practice with as they are not cheapest inks and not the most expensive, and they seem to lie somewhere in the middle in their quality. Moms seem great but bloodline is a little thick for me. I dont know how any of these colours would go in or hold up on real skin though.:icon_biggrin: