Practice on Fake - Praying Hands with Roses

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
IMG_0280.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0286.jpg

Praying hands with a rose either side. Feedback more than welcome!
Do you think i should add some colour to the flowers?

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
cant really see the design,it needs a good clean....what have you tried cleaning it with ??

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
cant seem to keep it clean. i use green soap. might just stick to pig skin. il give it a scrub in a sec and see if i can clean it up!

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
I give the fake skins a coat of vase and then keep wiping clean with more after each line or small section of colour i apply 'I have been getting good results this way 'dont usewater or soap i know it takes a lot of vase but it is worth it!here is one of my latest examples ! Picture 012.jpg

wooding

Premium
First Name
brett
I give the fake skins a coat of vase and then keep wiping clean with more after each line or small section of colour i apply 'I have been getting good results this way 'dont usewater or soap i know it takes a lot of vase but it is worth it!here is one of my latest examples ! View attachment 1457
great work .i love the picture i would like that on my back

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi robots i have used fake skins and found the only thing i had that would clean them once they were smudged was surgical spirit!!. but to be honnest i much prefer pig skin and as jim said use a good coating of vas and keep recoating every time you wipe (oh yeh slightly dampen your wiping tissue this helps) and Jim wow what an improvement you are going for it now mate koi looks awsome well done and keep it up.

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
I give the fake skins a coat of vase and then keep wiping clean with more after each line or small section of colour i apply 'I have been getting good results this way 'dont usewater or soap i know it takes a lot of vase but it is worth it!here is one of my latest examples !
View attachment 1457

Thats excellent Jim well done mate best yet

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I only use practise skin for outline practise, colour doesn't seem to go in very good and looks dull, if you use Vaseline and use a bit of water when you wipe of the waste, like some of the others have suggested you should be ok, another benefit of using practise skin is that it is about 2mm thick and so you have to set your needle a bit less than that which is the ideal depth for tattooing skin, so it is good practise.

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
yep get out the vas... loads of it and really rub it in and i find dry towel works the best... oh, I also use cheap Tescos vas on rubber, and good stuff on peoples... Tescos stuff seems to be thinner and water-ier which I find removes more stain and less linework and is generally good for the synthetic skin... I dont like it on ze humans because it is too wet... but thats just me! :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

you could probably still clean it up now with some vas... give it a try.

just had another look and noticed you were using the really cheap thin stuff - I found it a wast of money for other than line work... you can get some good thicker stuff on ebay - its worth it if you want your practise to be worth it... but once again, thats just me!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220607436786 was the last stuff I bought and its big enough to do two or three smallish practises on each side.

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
haha yeah looks like i got some cheap practice skins they were only 99p each! will look at buying the better quality ones and of course a bit of piggy!