re visiting my first tattoo

Gally2020

Premium
First Name
Paul
Hi guys..the first tattoo i ever done was on my poor wife about 3 months ago..was a black and grey rose on the side of her thigh..looked lovely initially and i was happy but after healing alot of the ink came out..i told her beforehand that i had no idea what way it would go and she is very understanding ive since improved alot but im wondering the varianbles that cause this..i tattood it and went back over it 24 hours later thinking that would be ok but could that be the reason the ink fell out..im gonna go back and re do it over weekend as i finally have the time so any tips how to prevent it happening again..ive since done a few more which all came out fine

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
too shallow or overworked...pictures help a lot

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I once went back into a tattoo 24h later and that didn't effect the healing which was fine, also the healed result.

However going back tattooing in same area the next day is adviced not to as it can hurt real bad for client (definitely did for mine). Due to healing already started and skin starting to crust already.

Tattooing a new area next to the first tattooed of course works fine.

Gally2020

Premium
First Name
Paul
Thanks you for that.. I'm guessing then it was overeorking asking and not going deep enough..it was the first time I'd tattood human skin...I'd never seen it happen before but st least I gmcan get the chance now to fix it.. it looks completely healed so sad to start on again.. I'll get a pic of before and after tonight

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
I went back the day after on a tattoo on my wife, and i did cut her skin!
Nothing bad because i stopped there, but i guess you can totally scar the skin that way.

I guess it's a common thing that we, beginners, don't put ink at the good depht on our tattoos, learning process so don't be sad!

Peace,

DKJ