P Rotary Machine!!!

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
so i know theres multiple posts about the rotary machines and ive read alot of them and im really contemplating getting one. but i definitely cannot afford 300 plus for a machine right now. soooo the question is does anyone think its worth it to get a cheap 50-60$ rotary now or should i hold off for a stealth or bizzare?? also ive seen people say its great for packing color and others say its real smooth and great for lining...any input from people who have used the cheaper and more expensive rotarys would be great

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
I have a Stealth, used it last night for the second time, first time I used it I wasnt sure as I have always used coils but last night it was a real pleasure to use, I think my line work has actually improved by using it.

Hkdupcivic

Premium
First Name
Brian
I have a Stealth, used it last night for the second time, first time I used it I wasnt sure as I have always used coils but last night it was a real pleasure to use, I think my line work has actually improved by using it.
i figured a rotary would be less bouncy then a coil and therefore smoother for lining...

Ph47

Premium
First Name
Michael
I'v recently bought a real cheap rotary off ebay for about *£8 just to play on piggy and to see if i like the feel of it. I gotta say, for lining it is superb from the first line. Colour and shades are going to take some work as I'm still learning anyway and it's almost to easy to over work areas. Even on piggy.
I enjoyed using it simply because I didn't have the thought in the back of my head, is this set right!! You just turn the power up a bit for lining and heavy packing and down for lighter shading. Alot quieter to which is a real plus if you work at night and have kids like i do. I shall be getting a better rotary soon but this was a good test. especially for the price.

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
I haven't really read up much on these rotary machines but I was wondering about a couple of things.
Do you have to buy cartridges or (according to a description of one on ebay) are they compatible with normal needles?
Do you use clip cord with them?
I am also thinking about trying out a cheapy ebay one to see how it goes. Going by fellow members who have tried the cheap ones out they seem to be good for trying out rotary.

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
yes you can just use the standard tubes, tip,s & needles, clip cord but i think theres one where where you use a cartridge??and you can get the stealth with the RCA connection to.

I bought a cheap one off ebay *£7.99, looks similar to the stealth, did'nt work when it came but got refunded str8 away and told to keep the machine. only needed a wire re connecting to where the clip cord connects so i got it for free. :icon_biggrin:

i'll definately be saving up for a better quality one, even with the cheap one i could see the difference when it come to lining alot smoother... have yet to try it for shading/colour.

simon :icon_mrgreen:

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
I bought a cheap rotary ($30) about 6 months ago but when I went to test it out the needle was jumping around in all directions, despite 5 rubber bands, so I wouldn't recommend the cheap ones.

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
The Hildbrandt Assassin Rotary is built with a strong motor that is capable of handling any voltage you throw at it. The Assassin is a heavier style rotary tattoo gun due to the motor being large, however it is still lighter than a lot of heavy framed tattoo machines. Rotary tattoo machines do not differentiate on shaders and liners, therefore all our rotary machines are interchangeable for either lining or shading. If additional stabilization of the needle is necessary, we recommend Needle Runners. Beware of fake Hildbrandt machines, Hildbrandt machines all come with a codified warranty certificate that can be verified.

It is about $49 excluding p&p, certainly worth a try and does not need any cartridges which prove to be a costly affair. It is highly recommended that needle runners are used to cut out needle play, but these are fairly cheap too :)

I hope this has helped and here is the links also:

http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com/tattoo-supplies

http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com/rotary-tattoo-machines

simon1983

Premium
First Name
Simon
The Hildbrandt Assassin Rotary is built with a strong motor that is capable of handling any voltage you throw at it. The Assassin is a heavier style rotary tattoo gun due to the motor being large, however it is still lighter than a lot of heavy framed tattoo machines. Rotary tattoo machines do not differentiate on shaders and liners, therefore all our rotary machines are interchangeable for either lining or shading. If additional stabilization of the needle is necessary, we recommend Needle Runners. Beware of fake Hildbrandt machines, Hildbrandt machines all come with a codified warranty certificate that can be verified.

It is about $49 excluding p&p, certainly worth a try and does not need any cartridges which prove to be a costly affair. It is highly recommended that needle runners are used to cut out needle play, but these are fairly cheap too :)

Hi, thanks for the link, look alright for the price, do you know if imort duty/tax would be charged if i ordered off them?

thanks simon

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
As far as I know there should be no import tax charge, I have ordered parts from the states and never paid any ;)