Rotary machine

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Just ordered another rotary machine only I found this one on Amazon. If you do a search for "Pro No Noise Rotary Tattoo Machine" youll see them. They are selling this for $18.00 plus shipping for me it was like a couple bucks so well worth it. I wanted to get this because it is Identical to one that I currently have and Im guessing they supply the company I bought it from....we shall see. Ill let you all know how it works out. Only down fall is shipping is 3-5 weeks so it will be a few before i ever see it....

41JaK0AJ9JL._SS500_.jpg

Remove Ads

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
Viper, How did the machine turn out? Just curious because it does look just like the Hildy. Let us know as this is half of the price.

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Its not the same, at least not mine...its far noiser!!! Im guessing cheaper motor, but definately a difference!

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
hmmm... probably cheaper motor like you said. I guess for half of the price I can put up with a little more noise. I am used to coils anyway so the noise isnt really a bother. Either way I have heard alot about people switching to rotaries so I figured I would give them another try. This is what I started out on back in the day and it did give some nice lines. If I like them enough I will shell out on a better brand. Thanks for the info Viper!

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
Well, I received the knockoff Executioner the other day and this is actually a nice machine. It is silent and well built. Not bad for $19.99 and free shipping. I don't have a Hildy so I cannot compare, but at half of the price I think it was a great buy, cannot imagine them being much different. If the bearing was noisy I would have understood but it is silent and runs sweet! Anyways, just wanted to give my feedback on it...

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Well, I received the knockoff Executioner the other day and this is actually a nice machine. It is silent and well built. Not bad for $19.99 and free shipping. I don't have a Hildy so I cannot compare, but at half of the price I think it was a great buy, cannot imagine them being much different. If the bearing was noisy I would have understood but it is silent and runs sweet! Anyways, just wanted to give my feedback on it...

Thats cool you liked it, I ran the one I had a couple of times but it for sure is not a Hildy, hard to pinpoint the difference but rest assured there is one...they are not the same machines. Im still going with cheap motor, Ill probably give this one to my daughter to play with, I just wasnt overly impressed with it myself.

petrolhead19

Basic
First Name
adam
I got one of them cheap ones from china just to see what there like, and to be honest it was pretty good my lines went in cleaner.
Only cost *£6 if i remember

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
Thats cool you liked it, I ran the one I had a couple of times but it for sure is not a Hildy, hard to pinpoint the difference but rest assured there is one...they are not the same machines. Im still going with cheap motor, Ill probably give this one to my daughter to play with, I just wasnt overly impressed with it myself.
Are the real ones that much better or did you just get a crap cheap one?

I have a cheap jackhammer knockoff and I like it a lot better than coils, but I dont have a real one to compare it to.

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
Ok- I tried out the cheap rotary this weekend and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. It is silent, and packs ink/shades flawlessly. I just took this picture but the tat was done on Saturday so a little crusty right now. I used my coils for lining, setup two of them with 7rl and a 3rl for the wings. Rotary for the shading/blending/packing 7 mag. Waverly, Starbrite, Ichiban Sumi inks. I will post up a finished pic when it is healed.

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
The wings are not as thick as the picture shows and the pic makes them look a little weird. That said, I know some of the lines in the wings are wonky but it is hard as hell to tattoo your own arm with no one stretching it for ya. I know what I need to fix.
Thanks!
Steve