P Rotary problem

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
Hi All!

Is there anybody on here that is from the uk and has owned a Sabre air rotary machine?
I am having some loud rattling coming from mine and sometimes the machine bogs and stops when tattooing. Also fails to start, and i have to give it a flick on the bar to jump start it.
Ive stopped using it on customers now.

I have kept it lubed, has anyone else had problems similar?

Thanks....

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I don't know anything about motors and such, but I know one of the most common problems with rotaries is over lubing... 😏

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
Not from the UK but I had a first gen Sabre. It was LOUD like a bag of bones... I did not like the machine and got rid of it. I contacted Sabre about it and they offered to give me a small discount on an Air. Glad I didnt get it I guess seeing your problems. They do come with a Maxon motor and they seem to need a little higher voltage when fully loaded. Whats volts were you using it at when it would stop?

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
Not from the UK but I had a first gen Sabre. It was LOUD like a bag of bones... I did not like the machine and got rid of it. I contacted Sabre about it and they offered to give me a small discount on an Air. Glad I didnt get it I guess seeing your problems. They do come with a Maxon motor and they seem to need a little higher voltage when fully loaded. Whats volts were you using it at when it would stop?
Hi there,
When i first had it, it was quite quiet but now it sounds louder then my coil machine lol. I think i was running at about 7 volts with a 7rl.

I am going to tae it apart tonight and see if anything is loose.