Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Rough Shading Through Skin! Plz Help

Flemingtm94

16 Sep 2017
Richmond, VA
First Name
Tray
I had a client that got a tattoo above his knee going towards the upper thigh. The lining went well, but when I began to shade around his knee area there was resistance. I used a 7 Mag Shader needle, but it was almost like I couldn't drag the needle through the skin. I had to end up making this dotted motion to fill in the empty spaces. The upper thigh was fine, but when I got to that thick patch of skin it almost seemed IMPOSSIBLE to get the needle moving. Any suggestions?

Patch72

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
3 Aug 2014
Kent
First Name
Russ
I had a client that got a tattoo above his knee going towards the upper thigh. The lining went well, but when I began to shade around his knee area there was resistance. I used a 7 Mag Shader needle, but it was almost like I couldn't drag the needle through the skin. I had to end up making this dotted motion to fill in the empty spaces. The upper thigh was fine, but when I got to that thick patch of skin it almost seemed IMPOSSIBLE to get the needle moving. Any suggestions?
Got a pic?

Jerry7297

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
27 Feb 2017
Texas
First Name
Jerry
Pic please. I have recently done 2 knees and had no problems.

Flemingtm94

16 Sep 2017
Richmond, VA
First Name
Tray
You cant really tell anything wrong with the picture. But for some reason that needle didn't want to glide through the skin!

Goldwingdaz

Donator  
Premium
27 Aug 2016
Stoke on Trent
First Name
Daz
Some knees are thicker skinned, especially those belonging to people who work outside, maybe a little more voltage would have helped ??? But cant be sure, im just making an educated guess of what I would have tried. o_O