Rules & Guidelines For The Drawing Contests

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
Please read these rules before posting in this area.
Tattoo flash drawing competition guidelines.
  • Unlimited entries per contest per user.
  • All flash designs should be good enough to be tattooed onto skin (no sketches).
  • Entries entered in previous weeks will not be accepted.
  • Only original artwork created by you personally.
  • Create your flash with anything you want. pencil, paints, etc.
  • Digital images ARE allowed but traditional drawing is preferred.
  • Entries added after the stated finishing time will not be counted.
  • Please keep the items "fresh". Please dont add stuff that you have just found in the drawer, that only just falls into the selected category.
Whilst the contest is active, please do not post in this thread unless you are adding your entry.
Once the contest is at the voting stage, you may then post as a normal discussion forum.

After the closing date, a 7 day poll will be placed in the thread for you to vote for your favourite entry.
The winner will be announced, and they will be awarded a winners icon.

Remove Ads
Last edited:

JP

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
James
Digital art is art, just a different medium...i understand why photoshop shouldn't be allowed but a drawing is a drawing whether it's on an ipad or a piece of paper...i'm pretty sure a large percentage of tattooers design and draw their tattoos using digital format these days.

The rules are the rules though i suppose...

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I see both sides...as one of the few folks that enters I'd be ok to compete against digital...

Goldwingdaz

Premium Plus
First Name
Daz
Drawing on paper has no little helpers, if you muck up, its done deal, grab the rubber. digital can have a multitude of helpers including auto correction, stamps, lining, weighting, shading. so the difference can be immense. that's my take on it anyway. you cant compare digi to hand n paper.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
As it's not about competing about £100 000 000 maybe ppl could simply be honest and not use the all the helpers in digital apps? Only use it as a drawing board and only get the benefit of erasing and trying colours without having to make a completely new drawing every time?

I think that maybe could be beneficial for the contest.

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
After reading some of the comments, the rules will be changed allowing digital images to be entered into the contests. I thought more people would be entering, but as it was a little slow, i didn't spend too much time on that section.
We are currently working on a different voting system which will probably be ready in time for the next votes.
The more members participate in things, the more we develop. (If funds allow). :coffee: