• Later today, the site will be offline for essential server upgrades. This upgrade should run without any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Safest way to tattoo lines?

Newbbb

Basic
First Name
Dan
Iv got loads of solid lines i need to go over on my right arm using my ((left hand)) im right handed...

preferable they want to be solid black but i think im going to struggle with lines, i find it hard enough doing lines with my right hand, is there any ways i can do lines without showing my wonky tecnique?

I dont mind if the line has a light shade on the outer parts, would a very small shader like a 1rs “if such thing” be better?

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
You know, I often find your questions pretty crazy 😅

I'm left handed and tried tattooing with my right hand on Reelskin. The biggest problem is depth. It's a big difference to tattooing with your correct hand. My impression was that depth varied from like 0mm-5mm. I'm exaggerating a little. But there are so many of those essential tiny muscles missing in that hand, and your brain has no clue what's going on.

But of course, if you practice on Reelskin for a couple of months, maybe you will be able to go through with it. I've been practising writing with my right hand now and then most of my life though, just for fun, and still don't do it very good.

1rs - yes they exist. 1rl too 😉

Maybe it would be better to try with that the first time, the resistance from the skin is almost nothing, so there would be one thing less to struggle with.

Last edited:

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
If you use a 1rl it will show the wobbles more than a bigger grouping , and no you can’t get a 1rs

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
What i'd do is to put the stencil on the skin, and use some water instead of ink.
Do most of the lines and see how it ends.
I believe you'll get a good impression of the possibility of getting a good result.

Peace,

DKJ

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
1rl/rs is just a single needle

the rl/rs designation is given due to the configuration of the grouping... you can see on some manufacturers websites illustrations of how the needles are grouped differently to earn liner or shader status

Remove Ads

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.