Samoan Art Meanings

First Name
Dale Aaron Percival
Hey everyone!

I'm wanting to design a Samoan tattoo for my leg but I'm finding it really hard to find the meanings to get designing.

If anyone knows of any way of finding them or if anyone can draw me something rough up to work with that would be great!

I'm wanting it to be a sign of strength and life.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
Hey everyone!

I'm wanting to design a Samoan tattoo for my leg but I'm finding it really hard to find the meanings to get designing.

If anyone knows of any way of finding them or if anyone can draw me something rough up to work with that would be great!

I'm wanting it to be a sign of strength and life.

hi there
are you samoan
i have a samoan tattooist in my family and he doz it old school by hand ,all the lines have meanings and a right of man hood ,i think you will find they will not tell you or help you as it is very bad luck to get some of this type of art on you if you dont have the right to wear it its the same as the maori art here in nz ,not trying to rub you out , but some of the samoan pepole have died here in nz geting this type tattoo done ,i no that they use boar tusks to make the needle combs with and it is taken very strong about who wears this type of tattoo