Shading

paulrods

Premium
First Name
paul
Hi all, I'm just looking for abit of advice, i had my first go on piggy skin yesterday just lining a few shapes and swirls, i also had ago at mixing a shading system from the info on the tutorial, however the lightest seemed to be really quite dark and it just looked like alot of tiny dots not a smooth shading like I've seen on here am i going to hard with my needle and what voltage should my shader be running at? it just didn't look good at all.

Paul

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
What quantaties did you mix?

Results would probably be better on skin, a weak mixed solution would turn out a reddish brown until healed, a stronger mix would be darker, when I experimented I tried a small area on my own thigh.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi all, I'm just looking for abit of advice, i had my first go on piggy skin yesterday just lining a few shapes and swirls, i also had ago at mixing a shading system from the info on the tutorial, however the lightest seemed to be really quite dark and it just looked like alot of tiny dots not a smooth shading like I've seen on here am i going to hard with my needle and what voltage should my shader be running at? it just didn't look good at all.

Paul
Hi Paul,
put out 5 ink caps (large) 1 drop of black in the first...2 drops in the second,3 in the third & so on...& 1 cap with pure black...top up all the caps with distilled water,give them a mix with a cocktail stick....there you have all the shades you will need...when using the weakest mix,it will appear as tiny dots,like you said,to blend it in,you must go over the "skin" with larger circles (about the size of a penny)quite quickly,constantly moving around the "skin" if it still appears to light,just go over it again,building up the tone you want...When shading real skin,the shade will look quite dark when put in the skin,but will lighten up when healed...as for the shader speed,i run mine at around 8-9 volts....hope this helps.