Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Sketch a Day! Who Joins Me?

Chopper20

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Andy
Did another one to redeem myself, much more simple, the mix with pens and pencils are better but still, I feel that my 8b is not really dark enough, do you guys have the same problem ?
Looks awesome!

Remove Ads Close

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Would be interesting to see your style transferred to tattooing 👍🏼

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
thats great but it's a little hard to perceive the hair.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
it's definitely more readable now, black and grey is so hard to know which value goes where, it's a skill i need to improve.

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
it's definitely more readable now, black and grey is so hard to know which value goes where, it's a skill i need to improve.
It is indeed, I got some charcoal now so hopefully next one will came up better :p thanks for the feedback pal

This is brilliant pedr0g0mes ! Nailed the eyes and mouth 👍👍
Thanks pal ! I took your advice on the hair ! :p

My mentor jokingly challenged me to make a full flash sheet that's only made with isometric shapes & cubes. I obliged.
Really cool challenge ehehe

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
You're right, it's tricky, but if you make them enough big and use a single needle, it's doable. But of course you have to make sure it's enough of space around the details. You can also tattoo white in the negative spaces, to prevent the black from spreading. The whiteness will not show when healed.

Last edited:

rip_design

Premium
Media
First Name
Orr
You're right, it's tricky, but if you make them enough big and then a single needle, it's doable. But of course you have to make sure it's enough of space around the details. You can also tattoo white in the negative spaces, to prevent the black from spreading. The whiteness will not show when healed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but using white ink will more often then not cause it to shift gradients over time and requires a whole new needle to apply just so you can minimize the chances of the white turning into a nicotinish yellow? I... Don't think it's a practical solution, and this isn't the kind of sketch anyone would want to get on their whole forearm. Can't I just leave the negative space, well, negative? Or will the black swallow it after some years?

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Hmmm I'm not sure I understand what you mean by shifted gradients (due to my English), but if you mean that the white will black with mix to a grey over the years, I honestly have no clue. Does that happen with other colours, does a green and a red next to each other mix to a brownish over the years?

I meant tattooing a white line next to the black - that's what I know some tattooers do. But of course it's useless if it turns grey eventually. I never heard anyone say it does, but as said I have no clue.

And yes, definitely you have to use a whole new needle/cart if you want to keep the white clean. But you won't be able to avoid the terrible nicotineish tint that way. I packed white ink on a rose on my leg, and it's nicotineish now, even though I used a new, clean cart. Not nice. However, a thin line will (probably) not show as it would be so thin.

My nicotine rose:

WHITE FRESH:
20190807_191938.jpg

WHITE HEALED:
20190807_192300.jpg

Of course you can just leave the negative space, but if you don't want it completely smudged over the years you have to make sure there's enough room.

Last edited:

rip_design

Premium
Media
First Name
Orr
Made a shirt design for YAMAS (Special undercover anti terror unit) yesterday,
1565256112733.png
And made a quick knife today before I have to go to the hospital again for some checks. Wish me luck!
1565256159160.png

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
Well from the last week I've done these, by order , baby, adult, and my grandmother :), previously I've used only graphite (first drawing) now I've been experimenting with vine charcoal, compressed charcoal and charcoal pencils, along with needle ink pen, i can definetely say charcoal is amazing, !

Attachments

Last edited:

pedr0g0mes

Premium
First Name
Pedro
I appreciate pal! I took everyone advice , still far from perfect but getting there! , I've used charcoal on my grandmother portrait it definitely makes a huge difference !:p

Chopper20

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Andy
Finished this the other day. Really need to draw a lot more
I think this would be really good if the swallow was another colour, maybe blue? At the moment it looks too similar to the colour of the rose. Nice design though 👍