Skins ?

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Hi,
Was wondering how pig skin compares to real skin, would you say its easier on real skin ?. and what about grape fruits ?

So is human skin easier to tattoo than pig.

Remove Ads

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Definately 200%.
If you can put a half decent line down on pig skin, you will absolutely love skin.

I rarely do pig skin now, because for some reason it seems to dis hearten me because of the grooves n stuff in it, then makes my wonder if i'm going backwards instead of moving forwards. :icon_sad:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I agree with tattooz 100%.....if you can tattoo pig,then you are laughing.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Pleased to hear that, it is very disheartening like you say, once i feel a bit more happy on pig i will have to have a go on me legs,or kidnap someone lol

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
I agree with all the above comments, I practised on pigskin for months (still do), but then i was aked to do my first tattoo on human skin. The hardest part i found was overcoming my nerves but once i got started found it to be 100% easier.

The only thing i would say is make sure that every piece of equipment you use is clean etc, you cant infect pig skin.

Good luck mate and look forward to see your tattoos on here.

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Cheers Daz.

i am not ready just yet for human,But hygiene is my main priority i will be more nerves about that than the tattooing lol.

did any of you Patrice on your legs ? would be good to see peoples 1st every attempts on themselves

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I think all tattooists practice on their own legs,i certainly have,several times,they ain't pretty,lol.:icon_wink:

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
We have all got messed up legs but as you improve you rework them, I have some horrors from years ago lol!

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Definitely easier on skin than pig! Can't bring myself to tat my legs tho! Lol!

schwartzy

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Rachel
And it bloody hurts like hell on yourself! :icon_sad:
Some bits hurt more than others. I found that tattooing the front of my thigh wasn't too bad but one bit of my design goes around the side towards my hip and that hurt loads more.

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
would be good to see peoples 1st every attempts on themselves[/QUOTE]
Hi Tony, I haven't been able to practise on pig as much as I would like but I have done a couple on my leg. The main reason I did my leg was, as everyone knows, pig skin can't tell you if you are doing any harm so I wanted to know if I was going in deep enough etc. etc. So here is my first leg attempt which I will shade after a lot more pig skin practise. :icon_mrgreen: P110424_000710.jpg

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Hello G,

Not a bad 1st go, i bet its awkward trying down there.

Thanks for the other posts, guess i need to shave it and brave it

schwartzy

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Rachel
Here's my work on my own leg. It strted off a bit smaller but seems to have turned into an ongoing project! Some bits are still healing and the colouring is not finished yet
SAM_2631.jpg

gazza

Basic
First Name
gary shaw
Hi,
Was wondering how pig skin compares to real skin, would you say its easier on real skin ?. and what about grape fruits ?

So is human skin easier to tattoo than pig.
mate nothink like the real thing. what i do is work on my legs
bbest thing to do. you can evan blood line the legs
best way to learn.