Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Ended [sl1pperyweasel] Monthly Flash Drawing Contest #20

Flash Contest #20 Vote

• AksysGamer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TexasPT

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Ph47

• iNeuron

• itsbobuk

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sl1pperyweasel

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • troub1edsou1z

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • lbcbull562

• jllvr

• jessicaoliveira

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • serafeimsc

• schwartzy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
Congratulations to Triez on winning the last contest.
Unfortunately the winner hasn't got back to me with a chosen theme, so i will choose again.
The chosen theme this time is Hearts.
The contest will end on Friday 28th June at midnight.

Good luck! :icon_cheesygrin:

END DATE EXTENDED DUE TO DOWNTIME!

Remove Ads Close

TexasPT

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
heartwing2.jpg

tattooing this one today actually with a few modifications to it.

Ph47

Premium
First Name
Michael
DSC_0134.jpg

Maybe stretching it a bit but it does have a heart in there somewhere.

First Name
Jessica
Not a heart, bus has a heart on it :) Made with ecoline watercolors and indian ink, spitshaded.

Last edited:

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
I have added ALL this months entries into this months poll for the winner, but can i please state one of the rules for entering this competition.

• Create your flash with anything you want. pencil, paints, etc, But NOT an image creation program such as Photoshop, Paintshop pro or the likes.
  • DO NOT MODIFY/ENHANCE YOUR IMAGES IN ANY WAY USING IMAGE EDITING SOFTWARE. ALL THOSE THAT LOOK EDITED WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE FINAL POLL.

Please bear this in mind for future. :icon_biggrin:

iNeuron

Premium
First Name
Janis
People should really think about this. I mean its a "flash" competition. Stuff you do with photoshop isnt flash, you will never produce work like that on human skin, so shiny and bright.

troub1edsou1z

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
My bad, I was not aware of that. Had I read the rules, I would have known....sorry.

Oh and INeuron...do you realize how much flash is created with editing software these days....come on.

Zionova

Premium
First Name
Peter
My bad, I was not aware of that. Had I read the rules, I would have known....sorry.

Oh and INeuron...do you realize how much flash is created with editing software these days....come on.
My thoughts exactly. Most flash is now done in photoshop/illustrator.

As far as not being able to replicate the design, that all comes down to your skill. There are artists that could easily replicate the 'shiny-ness' of a digital design. That is the whole point of what we call realism in tattooing, to accurately reproduce any design on skin no matter the detail level. Many of the better tattoo artists I know in person never even pick up a pencil anymore. They design with sketchbook pro, color with photoshop, create the stencil with illustrator, print the stencil with a thermal printer and then go about putting ink in the skin. It is a vastly superior method to the old school methods.

As for me, I will probably never enter one of these competitions due to the restrictions on digital sketching/production. I sketch/design entirely in digital, as I never have to spend revenue on paper and pencils/markers for the design phase. I used to go through a set of prismacolor markers almost every month due to using them so much, after I went to digital production I only use markers for the final render and only if the customer wants one. Most people now dont even want that, they just want a design they can take to a print shop and get professionally printed, since I cannot do that in-house anymore.

Not to sound rude, but I simply cannot understand why anyone would shun new methods that can exponentially help in the learning process and save time.

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
Although i agree with the above post, this site is all about learning from scratch. If you took a portfolio of digital art to your interview for an apprenticeship, you would score a flat zero.
If you could show a reasonable standard of drawing on your own merits, i am sure you would be better off.
Hopefully you will see my theory for the rules that are in place. :icon_cheesygrin:

serafeimsc

Noobie :D
Premium
First Name
Andy
As a photoshop Guru... I do everying in photoshop on 1 layer all from scratch. I have invested a lot of money into my graphics stuff. I own a Wacom Tablet, and CS6 now :D... I actually can draw stuff on photoshop just like yall can on paper :D

iNeuron

Premium
First Name
Janis
As a photoshop Guru... I do everying in photoshop on 1 layer all from scratch. I have invested a lot of money into my graphics stuff. I own a Wacom Tablet, and CS6 now :D... I actually can draw stuff on photoshop just like yall can on paper :D
Shouldnt you "as a photoshop Guru" do stuff on many layers ? You know, to do shadings better etc, not to show off that you can work with 1 layer only.

Thats like saying "As a portrait expert, I do all my portraits with 1 pencil only". Sure you can do that, but youd get a much better result with different HB pencils.

serafeimsc

Noobie :D
Premium
First Name
Andy
yeah, but i like the feel of traditional mediums.... Right now the cash flow in my house is low... paints and canvasses cost alot.. i like to play on photoshop... guru was meaning i like to use it alot.. :D i am nowhere near where I want to be... I want to be on Feng Zhu's level :D

Lucy Locket

Admin
First Name
Lucy
Congratulations to Sl1pperyweasel. The choice is yours for the next one!