Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Smudged up

First Name
Flo
Hey Guys,
Im really new to the field and have practicing on fake skin that i bought off amazon, and wanted to ask if there is a technique of wiping or using it?
Cuhz everytime i do a line and wipe off i end up with nothing but a page full of ink on it, till the point the stencils fades away withing 2-3 wipes?
Any ideas? Suggestions ?
Thanks in advance

ribul

Donator  
Premium
First Name
richard
yeah dont but cheap practice skin from amazon......i feel your pain its happened to me many times..only way i found is to spray the hell out of it and let it all run off and pad dry..your better off paying that bit more and buying reelskin..its worth every penny...or cents in ur case lol

Patch72

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Russ
Don’t wipe the line dab it also give the stencil time to dry,dettol work great to put a stencil on with and use vasoline or preteolium jelly to clean off ink,don’t get sucked into the reelskin shite get some pigskin
Hope this helps

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Daryl
As mentioned dab it off work away from the stencil ,use Vaseline or solid coconut oil to clean the skin ,use speed stick or Brut sticks as a stencil solution and let it dry over night before you ink it

parm

Premium
First Name
parmvir
I have the same problem. Someone on this forum recommended, can't remeber who, applying a fair amount of Vaseline all over the skin before you tattoo, the will make it easier to clean

balooka

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Jay
I use as little as possible vaseline or coconut as possible when I practice. It's not real skin so the vaseline barrier works different (in my opinion that is). I just dab with a damp towel until the lines are in and clean with vaseline at the end (cover it in a thin layer and start rubbing).