Some Line Work... Finally

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
Since I first got my machines the only work I've really done on real skin is colour touch ups for a few family members on old tattoos. Mainly because I'm sh*t scared of the idea of doing line work. I have a pretty steady hand and can, for the most part, create some pretty decent lines on pig skin. But, pig skin can be thrown away!

Anyways, to get me used to this idea of doing lines on human skin, I decided to give it a go on my leg. It was a design I'd been holding onto for a long time. I knew I loved it and wanted to get it tattooed on me since I first saw it years ago and thought this would be perfect.
All in all, it wasn't a bad start. There are a few wobbly lines I'm not happy with, but mainly due to the fact it hurt like a b*tch! :p I'll be adding the colour once the lines have healed, so I'll update you when that's done.

Then last night I finally felt confident enough to make a start on the lines for the "filling in" on my boyfriend's sleeve. When it's finished it's going to be blue clouds (ish), with gold-yellow "waves" poking in and out. I freehanded most of it in sharpie, following a design he gave me. I just did the area around his wrist last night and I'm going to carry on the rest of the arm once that's healed.

(Just to note: The other tattoos weren't done by me, though he does want me to touch some of them up at a later date).

Img_0418.jpg Img_0438.jpg

Remove Ads

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Good lines Rachel,nice & solid.:icon_cheesygrin:

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
Thanks guys :)

I used a 9RL for the rose and a 7RL for the cloud-swirls. He wanted me to do it with a 9RL, but I thought it would look too out of place against his other tattoos. I think they were done with a 5RL.