Some Pig Practice

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I like the skull/star. Overall theyre good.

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Aww, thanks Bob, hopefully my album shows a (slow) improvement as I go along...and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
keep up the good work - more you do, the better you'll get. The yellow flower is nice and clear - and a good attempt at the star!

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
better than my one i did tonight, i like image 5 the best good detail. i just dont seem to be having much luck with pig skin, ive done fruit and they look fine, the lines go in well, but on the pig it just dont do it for me, and i cant work out what i am doing wrong.

nice work keep it up

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Thanks mate. Pig skin I find isn't always that easy to work with but it is great for practising. The advice I have had from the guys here includes giving it a good scrub with a sponge scourer and hand soap and making sure you get a good stretch on it while tattooing the skin. I haven't done too many but most times I work on pig skin there seems to be some annoying thing like a big dark ink stain through the tat which just won't come off GRRRRRR!!!!...like this... 2011-06-09 15.43.32.jpg and this... 2011-05-28 17.20.28.jpg But just keep persevering mate and you will only get better.
Cheers.
P.S. This is the first time I have past some advice on in the forum. Yaaaay.:icon_mrgreen::cheesy::thumbsup:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
cheers for your bit of advice, i bet ya feel good being able to give out what you have picked up, and its all taken in and will give it a try.