P Something Wrong with My Front Binding Post?

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Hi I need advise here please. I recently got myself a new front binding post for my shader. Today I sat down to replace the old but I noticed something very different. The contact screw would not sit in line with the front spring. It either slightly too far left or right. (depending on which way i attach it as the screw is not central on the post) There is still contact with the spring but I'm sure its meant to be central. Does this matter? Can I still use it? Or will it make the machines performance worse? Why is it the wrong size? What have I missed?
Sorry, but it has really bugged me...

Thanks

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Hi I need advise here please. I recently got myself a new front binding post for my shader. Today I sat down to replace the old but I noticed something very different. The contact screw would not sit in line with the front spring. It either slightly too far left or right. (depending on which way i attach it as the screw is not central on the post) There is still contact with the spring but I'm sure its meant to be central. Does this matter? Can I still use it? Or will it make the machines performance worse? Why is it the wrong size? What have I missed?
Sorry, but it has really bugged me...

Thanks
Set your spring to the centre of the tube hole, then if the contact screw is more towards the frame, put a thin washer between the coil loop and the binding post. If it is too far the other way, you will have to file a couple of mm off the front binder.

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Thanks Dave,

Looking at it again I can only place it on one side. The long side, otherwise the screw that fixes the contact screw in place wont touch it. However, taking onboard your advise I had another look and there does seem to be marks/indents around the post that seems to line up perfectly. Basically what I mean is if I file down to these marks, it looks like the contact screw will be perfectly central.

Thanks for that mate. I'm off to get a file :)

This is what it looks like....

http://www.barberdts.co.uk/index.php/tattoo-machines/tattoo-spares/incredibile-front-binding.html