Spring gap

Rondog

Premium
First Name
Ronnie
Sorry if this as been asked a thousand times, and being new and all that, did try to find some info

How big is the gap between the spring and the screw on the binding post need to be for lining and for shading. looked on a few other sites but find they are american and say a dimes width for lining which equates to 1.25mm and a nickel for shading which equates to 1.85 mm. and im dam sure im not going to buy a micrometer to measure this. so any help would be great

Cheers
Ron

j3rz3y1

Premium
First Name
Frank
I will try to help

Get a ruler an eyeball 1 mm an 2 mm they are the best way to start . Its all done by trial an error actually till you find what works best for you . Here in the states we judge by eye then adjust till the machine feels right an sounds right .Once you have the eyeball factor down pat then your close best thing to do is purchase the book to give you more understanding of what its all about . Sounds like you an i are in the same boat tho im retired an have to wait till my check comes in on the first befor i can purchase the book but im looking forward to it thats for sure. Hope this helps some .
Ed

Rondog

Premium
First Name
Ronnie
Thanks for that battlemedic will be getting the ruler out and having a go at setting it up. will get the book off here and have a good read as well. i Think its just the case of not being sure of setting it up right, but as you say as long as it feels right and sounds right it cannot be far off so ill give it a go then on to the pig skin for 3000 lines. got to start somewhere.

Cheers
Ron

j3rz3y1

Premium
First Name
Frank
pigg skin

I have to find some pigg skin myself here in the states its rare where imm located .May have to do some driving to find it lol but im sure it will be worth it

Deziner

The Bitch!
Premium
First Name
Claire
battlemedic said:
I have to find some pigg skin myself here in the states its rare where imm located .May have to do some driving to find it lol but im sure it will be worth it
Why not just go to a local butcher? He will cut a piece as big as you need. They only throw it away.

j3rz3y1

Premium
First Name
Frank
pig skin

i think theres a butcher like 35 miles from here but not sure , but i will find a supplier for sure .

DavidE

Premium
battlemedic said:
i think theres a butcher like 35 miles from here but not sure , but i will find a supplier for sure .

35 miles?? What do you eat where you are from! Do you kill your own?? :drool: