Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Spring set up.

Raskal 1220

Premium
Media
First Name
Chase
So I’m wondering what people are using when it comes to spring set-ups. I have 1 liner that came with a 20 front spring,not sure what the back is. I’m wanting to set-up as a shader. I have 4 Vlad Blad machines, 2 are set up as liners but have a solid 1 piece spring and 2 are set up as shaders also with solid 1 piece springs. From what I understand come from Vlad Blad himself. Also is there any “BRAND” of spring that is better than the others? On my Vlad Blad machines I’m planning on continuing to use the solid 1 piece springs that they come with. Any advice and comments are much appreciated and welcomed. Thanks.

Last edited:

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
personally, for shading I like softer springs. Liner I like harder springs. color packing I like a hard rear and a softer front you so get that hit with a softer return...

there are a million combinations and it's just what works for you.

I have a world wide tattoo set that has options from 16 to 22 I think.

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
so hard to say, depends on the width of the spring, the length of the spring, o'ring or not, gap from rear of armature bar to saddle, number of wraps on coils, angle of bend etc but generally 17 or above is common for liners.