Stealth Lite Rotary Work

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
I recently purchased a Stealth Lite and I wanted to post here to say how pleased I am with it, and to show you the results.

I was mostly looking to invest in a rotary machine to improve my line work as my coil machines were far too heavy for me and I think my hands are too small to absorb the vibrations from them. So, as a result, I could never get a line that I was completely happy with, regardless of how much I practiced.

Well, since getting the new machine, my lines have improved threefold, at least. I absolutely love it. Where I used to dread doing linework and got nervous at the fact, I absolutely love it now and am enjoying tattooing so much more!

Here's a few tattoos I've done since...

Img_0082.jpg Img_0080.jpg Img_0084.jpg

The sunflower is a kind of coverup. She had one with smaller petals (you can just about tell), but she wanted the petals to be bigger and more noticable. The whole thing is no bigger than maybe a 2p piece. She's so much happier with it now!

In the second picture, she already had the two butterflies, but wanted something added to it. So we looked through some pictures together and she decided on this. It was very nerve-wracking tattoing someone's hand, in case I made a mistake. But luckily, I didn't. And she's really pleased with it, so that's all that matters.

The last one is on my thigh. I already had the lines (it was one of the first tattoos I did with my coil machine (you can certainly see the improvement since!)), and I thought I'd see how the Stealth handles shading. I think it turned out pretty good. I found that it didn't pack the colour in as well as my coil machine, but I suspect that's just because I'm not used to working with a rotary for colour packing as much as I am the coils. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

All in all, I'm really happy with the Stealth Lite and would say it's more than worth the pricetag! :icon_cheesygrin:

Remove Ads

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
The line work on the hand looks great, really nice lines, I agree with you about the stealth improving your line work, mine did exactly the same and gave me a new found confidence as well.

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Great line work.:icon_cheesygrin: Especially on the hand, well done!

dax172

Premium
First Name
Dan
as said that is some lovely line work esp on the hand.
would also like to add that the packing and shading look great, i still havent tried shading with my rotary yet, this is my next step lol

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
Thank you for the comments. I was quite proud of the one on the hand because I was pretty nervous about doing it at first, so I'm double pleased that the lines turned out as smooth as they did.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
As the rest have said, great lines on the hand.

I dont really see a problem with the lines on the rose though. Were you really haveing problems doing lines with coils or rotary just makes them feel easier?

I want to get a cheap $20-30 rotary for the fun of it.

msrsimpkin

Premium
First Name
Rachael
Yes, I was having trouble with my lines using a coil machine. I couldn't absorb the vibrations from it, so I couldn't keep a straight line. No matter how much I tried, I still had a slight wiggle in my hand from the vibration of the machine. That's why the lines on the rose are off and kinda thick, because I had to go over some to smooth them out. And the weight of the coils didn't help either, because I was fighting against them to keep the machine upright.

That's why I love my new machine so much. It barely vibrates at all and it's so light! It's definitely give me a new found confidence to know that I can actually make a decent line. It wasn't just me failing! Hehe