Stealth Rotary Machines

Patrick

Premium Gold
18 Oct 2010
Hi Everyone

I had an email from the tattoo shop and they are selling new version 2 stealth rotary machines for *£66. Has anybody got one of these and if so what do you think about them. I like tattooing late at night and my coil machines are a bit noisey so thought about using these. Any information on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Pat:1

jamesb

Premium
16 Dec 2010
hi pat ive "heard" thats the steath 2s aint as good as the originals (stealth1) but tbh i aint used either lol

23 Jun 2011
noticed it's been a few months since a post on this thread and I'm currently looking at the stealth.

Has anyone used them for liners?

Let me know your thoughts :)

tattytone

Premium
9 Jun 2011
i got an original one, i am new to tattooing, but i find it is a good machine, i do my stuff at night as well, and they are not as noisy as the coils, my wifes not moaned once that it goes over the TV lol

i don't know what the diff is between the 2 and the original, but i do know the lites are not getting good reviews,but not seen nothing bad on originals.

Not used it on real skin yet, but overall i am very happy with mine.

Spiral

Premium
27 Oct 2011
Hi Everyone

I had an email from the tattoo shop and they are selling new version 2 stealth rotary machines for *£66. Has anybody got one of these and if so what do you think about them. I like tattooing late at night and my coil machines are a bit noisey so thought about using these. Any information on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Pat:1

hi i use one, very stable quite and not a lot of vibration well worth having one, their easy to get on with if your making the switch from coils.

Viper65

Basic
13 Oct 2011
001.jpg

So tonight Im killing time before bed just looking at machines on Ebay and Amazon and come across this little gem here. This one I found Ebay and is sold by a chinese company called Virtual Village, you can also just Google them. The thing that caught my eye is the bearing it uses. Notice the bearing is adjustable? How smart was that to make and adjustable bearing instead of being limited to the bearings that come with the Stealth? I thought it was genius myself.....cost of this little machine is $25 USD. How can you go wrong?? Id buy the darn thing for the bearing itself...LOL!!!! Im not too sure of the functionality of the machine, looks like the needle would be hanging out in space and have alot of play in it just from the grommet itself.

Opinions or comments????

viper

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
17 Mar 2011
i wouldn't use it to be honest, the linkage is what servo's link on to for RC aircraft etc and when that thing revs up the bearing would be unstable. I just bought another version 2 stealth ,,,, you get what you pay for

Viper65

Basic
13 Oct 2011
i wouldn't use it to be honest, the linkage is what servo's link on to for RC aircraft etc and when that thing revs up the bearing would be unstable. I just bought another version 2 stealth ,,,, you get what you pay for

Hmmmmm..so your telling me that motor compares to the RPM of a RC Aircraft motor?????

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
17 Mar 2011
No mate, The bearing bar is a linkage from a servo on an RC toy, when the motor is spinning on full tilt that servo linkage, i think, will wobble a bit

Steve

flashhighland

Premium
28 Sep 2011
I've heard that the rip off Chinese Stealths are crap. Anyhow, I have a stealth to sell that cost me *£76 from the TattooShop. Ive literally used it 3 times, it's just not for me. I'm open to offers. Private message me if you're interested.

Viper65

Basic
13 Oct 2011
Not a stealth fan either Steve, I like my rotary's just not so much those. Ive tried em and they are just not my cup of tea...

steveo9441

Premium
22 Feb 2011
Got one and now it is currently the cat's toy ... lol
For what it's worth it will never compare with Hildbrandt Rotary's which are far more superior in every sense.
But that's my point of view, every artist will find a machine that they will feel comfortable with and that does not need to be the top of the range.
The machine no matter which one is only as good as the artist.

Viper65

Basic
13 Oct 2011
Well what rotary do you like? I thought Stealth was the prefered one.

On the topic of rotaries, I ordered this cheap chinese one for the hell of it http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UR5GV2/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

41JaK0AJ9JL._SS500_.jpg
Key word: Prefer...I don't prefer the Stealth, I don't hate them I just don't prefer them. I like this style pictured by Hildebrandt, Its just better for me and my style, personal preferance...thats all that matters! You may love that Jackhammer rotary that you just ordered or you may come to find out its not for you...you have to try a few and see what works best!

steveo9441

Premium
22 Feb 2011
View attachment 2408

So tonight Im killing time before bed just looking at machines on Ebay and Amazon and come across this little gem here. This one I found Ebay and is sold by a chinese company called Virtual Village, you can also just Google them. The thing that caught my eye is the bearing it uses. Notice the bearing is adjustable? How smart was that to make and adjustable bearing instead of being limited to the bearings that come with the Stealth? I thought it was genius myself.....cost of this little machine is $25 USD. How can you go wrong?? Id buy the darn thing for the bearing itself...LOL!!!! Im not too sure of the functionality of the machine, looks like the needle would be hanging out in space and have alot of play in it just from the grommet itself.

Opinions or comments????

viper

I am dam sure there may be some spares in there for something to play with hehe. So are you going to buy it? pfffft lmao

toetoe62

Premium Plus
21 Oct 2010
i didn't give mine to the cat steve but in all honesty i had mine off ebay because it came in a really nice box and my daughters birthday was coming up so i put her a nice gold chain in it and she loved it, i give the machine away to a friend, they are a cheap copy of the jack hammer which are really good machines and you can pick one up for about *£45.