P Stealth Rotary

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
does anyone have a stealth rotary (wwt) and if so what voltage are you using for lining/shading/packing? im finding around 7v lining works well and 6v for shading but im only using pigskin and have no idea how well this would translate onto whoman skin

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Pig skin is a bit tougher than real skin, a bit like the skin on the outside of the arm is tougher than the inside, mens skin is usually a bit tougher than womens. I think I used to run my stealth on about 5v but I don't use it anymore as I prefer coil machines. Try it on yourself first and see what works rather than carving gashes into some poor lady.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
First off every power supply reads differently, if you attach an accurate viltage tetser to your supply then you will see that it will probably be out, I calibrated mine.

When I first got my stealth I tried it at 5 volts but it did not have the punch, 7 volts to line works superb and puts in a nice line, I recently had to re do 12 stars with it so good practice.

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
When i wrote whoman i meant human lol not woman but thanks i'll take these into account

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
As said all PSU run diff, but if running ok 7v is plenty good for line work and lower for colour etc, but it depends on you, my last psu ran at 8 v but wen i tested it with a multimeter at 7v it was infact running at 10v so it just goes to show, and real skin i found alot easyer than pig, test it on ur thigh, it dont hurt, and instead of gettinga sleeve you have shorts lol

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
with things like this it's almost pointless asking what volt other people run there machines at because there are to many variables in it, some have already said about the power supplies giving wrong volt readings but also some people have the elastic bands tighter than others or if it is skin you are tattooing then you don't know until you start what the setting will be, the only true way is by experience and getting to know the machine you are using, i know a tattoo artist and she uses the same machine and doesn't change the setting on it for lining, shading or colour and she has been tattooing for over 25 years without a problem, but if it is real skin then it is better to start off on a slower setting and build it up than starting off on a fast setting, have a go on your self first.