Stencil Making / Carbon Paper

barcode1973

Premium
First Name
Lee
As some of you may be aware I had a bit of a mare with stencils when I started.
I did use the spirit carbon paper (which was for thermals also) and seeveral people pointed out that it might not be the best but after experimenting I got used to it.

That was till today (well yesterday really). I ordered some inks and stuff and thought I'd try some hectocarbon paper.

The tracing paper I got with the carbon paper was so thick yet so clear it was like mini perspex and amazing to trace onto and unrippable when re tracing onto the carbon paper. The carbon paper was like 4x thicker (guessing) and the stencil was amazing, I really dont know how I coped with the other stuff. I tried a sample stencil on girlfriend, wiped it off (with my alco wipes i ordered!) re positioned it then did another 2 on me with the same stencil that hadnt gone soggy and although it looked like it had bled to bits still gave a stencil as good if not better than previous efforts (after 1 retrace without loads of pressure)

and it was 7.50 plus vat for 20 sheets (over 50% cheaper than previous)

If anyone hasn't tried it and is looking for a good stecil makinbg paper try this one

http://www.powerlinesupplies.co.uk/product.asp?productID=329

See ya all later!

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
cheers for that Lee,
think I'll order some - def sounds like I am having same nightmare as you were! The struggle I have to get a good stencil - Mad! I did think, christ if I was doin a tat on someone and havin this prob - I would look a right idiot! Plus I would worry that I wouldn't be able to follow the outline. I can improvise with pig - but that's one of the worries I've had about tattin someone for real. So a big thanks:thumbsup:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
powerline supplies

hi Lee, I have used powerline from the start and everything from there is of best quality,the problem is if you want just one item you still pay the same *£5 delivery charge as if you where having a big order, but they do sell on ebay and you don,t pay any delivery on most single items.

regards
Tony

barcode1973

Premium
First Name
Lee
Yeah that's true Tony and they put the postage up the more you spend! If you can get a few bits its defo worth using them as they are the cheapest and all the stuff is top notch and has arrived within 48hrs the 2 times I used them.
That stencil paper even with a fiver postage is still the same price as my previous stuff and 10 x bettter!

I didn't use the ebay shop just the web site as I was paying with a card not reg'd on ebay btw (silly me)

And Dawn if you cant get an uber stencil with that stuff I would give in! (applied with a baby wipe as well no special fluid)