Stencil Making Printer (24pin)

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
I have an Epson LQ-300+ 24 Pin Dot matrix (impact) Printer available, comes with the power lead, and a USB to Parallel cable. Brilliant for stencil making, super sharp lines.

Cost over *£270, looking for *£100 plus *£8.00 delivery to the UK

email me at steve@pro-tectors.co.uk

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
i have the same machine if some1 wants to make me a reaobable offer :thumbsup:

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Sort of, just pop your tracing paper and carbon paper together into the printer and hit print on the PC, the dot matrix will impact the tracing paper and give you a 100% accurate stencil, with VERY sharp lines. I am just about to pop it on ebay, if you are interested i will take *£70, that includes delivery

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
Sounds very interesting but can you get driver updates for the latest OS systems, ie Vista and Windows 7.
I tried using one of those thermal fax machines, works but combined thickness of the tracing and carbon together is not enough to prevent it creasing up, usually straight through the design.
The carbon has to be in direct contact with the heat source.
I have been thinking about purchasing one of the latest models of thermal transfer machines, but if anything goes wrong with them the suppliers are not exactly local.

Has anyone had any experience of using one of these or a similar model :icon_arrowd:
Costs: *£159.99 + *£19.99 and maybe import duties.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150562164188&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thermal copier.JPG

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Printer now sold they are good as they are an impact printer
Very good for outline stencils, mine has now been sold for *£70